Avro Anson

dov

Hallo again

Here are my two Avro Anson. From Classic Airframe in 1/48.

BhbEbgW.jpg

oF4umU5.jpg

Fy9ppvu.jpg

hiT5O2X.jpg

w8RJ1vp.jpg

ayevdIC.jpg

EAWajHu.jpg

Etched parts are from FlyPath. This a/c I built some years ago. At this time, it was the biggest challenge for me, because of the transparencies.

Actually all knots of the internal frame I had to make metal pins and holes, to get them fixed and proof the accuracy of fit.

For paint, I used Gunze H colors.

Happy modelling   

• Like 48

Hallo, yes

The kit needs a modeler with patience and love of detail. No kit for a beginner. Many hours under and with the original a/c in Duxford I spent.

The kit works! Realy good one!

Happy modelling

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have a bid on one that closes in a couple of hours.  Leading at the moment so fingers crossed.  Particular interested as my old Dad had several air experience flights in one during WW2.  From just days after war was declared (he was prewar RAFVR) until after the BoB he was an RAF ground signaller at RAF Detling which I understand had several Coastal Command Anson Sqns.   EDIT yeah I won.

Edited by dcrfan

Two lovely looking Ansons, having also built 2 of these Classic Airframes kits (and one still unbuilt) I know how much skill and attention you've put into these. A super kit though as you say, suitable only for experienced modellers.

Max 

Wow,.... what a superb job you have done on what is a very hard kit to build,......... and double trouble in your circumstances,..... you should feel very proud indeed of these two beauties,

Cheers

Tony 

You have made a really nice job of this aircraft which is one of my favourites. After doing the Walrus and the Blenheim, I am hoping that Airfix might one day add an Anson to their 1/48 scale line up. Wishful thinking perhaps as the sales would probably not give a strong enough return on investment.