T-62 Czechoslovakia Invasion Color

Doom3r

Hi guys,

I am trying to put together small diorama with T-62 during Czechoslovakia Invasion. What would be approximate match for the tank color? Model Master Russian Armor Green looks quite a bit too dark, would it be the mix of XF-4 & XF-58? Any other color in Tamiya or Model Master colors (this are the only paints I can get in my local shops without waiting 2 weeks for it delivered.

Thanks!

There are several model paint colours alleged to be post-war Russian Green, which IIRC was called NPF-10.  The real colour was quite dark and Field Grey would be well wrong.  Assuming the colour formulation to be not a million miles away from the wartime 4BO, the green was made from blue, yellow and yellow-green pigments with a touch of white rather than using chromate green pigment.  However, with tens of thousands of T-series tanks made in several factories some variation was probably inevitable.

These colours are all claimed to be matches for post-war Russian green: I guess it's up to you which you consider most appropriate to your eye.

Ammo by MiG MiG-083

Mr Color 135 and 136

Vallejo 70894, 70924 and Model Air 71017

Mission Models MMP-032

Tamiya XF-58

Italeri 4807

AK Interactive Real Colour RC-098

Edited by Das Abteilung
correction

Ok. Thank you guys. After a bit of experimenting on a piece of sprue I think I would take Model Master Russian Armor Green 4807 and light it up using Model Master Interior Green 4736 (somewhere around 2:1). I tried Tamiya recipe from BT-7 (mixing xf-4 & xf-58) but it looks too light for me. Model Master 4807 by itself looks very close to what I remember from last time seeing Russian tank but on a scale model it would be too dark.