As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Dueling Fokkers

There is a site ban on that type of language you know!

Good luck with you KUTA build :) 

I decided to build a Roden D.VII (1/48) In USMC colors. It is debatable if the marking on them were actually what the color profile is showing on the preceding page. The color is also debatable but most likely "Khaki P.C. 10" which would have been gloss or very possibly "Bronze Green 9". The color as far as I know is not known. All that is known is that it was a green and very dark gloss. The Markings on the fuselage are dubious at best and the rudder markings also. The rudder stripes should be correct. The Marines had seven of these aircraft and they were late Albatros built. This would make the engine covers and radiator shape distinctive. This is one of them photographed in Quantico A-5845 circa 1920. Notice the US star under the lower port wing. It seams to be centered on the wing panel and the full girth of the wing. Also notice that it is unarmed. Also notice the headrest which was added.

spacer.png

Edited by Otakar

There is a bit of fitting to these kits but they are quite detailed and if anything, the fit is too tight and material can always be removed. That is much better than having to fill gaps. I found out that I had the wrong version of D.VII, But I just got the parts for the right one. I needed the Albatros built Late version of the nose pieces. No problem since all the work I did so far was just with the other sections of the kit. The main thing that needed work was the scalloping on the trailing edges of the wings. It is very poor and mainly due to the flash in that area. No problem however, it just needed a bit of extra work and it turned out perfect. In some ways this kit is better than the Eduard kit. It seams to be more detailed in the nose and also in some ways better engineered. I have the MAG version of the Eduard because I will be building a post war Czech version. They had some camouflages I like, including the lozenge version with two different stiles of markings.