TAMIYA- Sturmgeschutz III Ausf G - StuH 42 (Sturmhaubitze 42, Sd.Kfz 142/2) -Panzer Lehr 1944

Thanks Jo........all I know this is the Ausf G Fruhe Version (Early Version). When reading the history of the Stug's, it's hard to keep up with all the changes and omissions and their dates of production. All I can confirm is is a pre November '43 one as it has the gun matlet before the introduction of the Saukopf.

Cheers

Simon.

• 2 months later...

Evening all.......finally got this one to point to say done, all but the mud and dust effects when a dio is decided on. All the stowage....well maybe all, depends on what come's along in time that will look good thrown in the back.....:think:. The running gear are all held on with white glue at present, to aid in mud later on. Then I'll pass it on to RFI section.

I reduced the size of the pics a little, as I'm not sure if this is the problem why there is a throbbing grey box when I have tried to look at other threads. I've given up sometime's, hence why I havn't been on in a bit.....hopefully it will change in time, and the issue will go away.

Anyway, here she is.

9zN08LE.jpg

GYwUvh5.jpg

pc1Rqwf.jpg

BRissrX.jpg

EPK8yqk.jpg

XaU0hLh.jpg

Cv23QW5.jpg

• Like 14

In terms of age - the smoke pots were deleted around May 43, and zimmerit was introduced soon after that. Also by that date the bolted front armour was welded on so it’s a bit earlier. Unfortunately my reference material is 12000 miles away, otherwise I could be a little more accurate 😕

Edited by Jo NZ

11 hours ago, Jo NZ said:

In terms of age - the smoke pots were deleted around May 43, and zimmerit was introduced soon after that. Also by that date the bolted front armour was welded on so it’s a bit earlier. Unfortunately my reference material is 12000 miles away, otherwise I could be a little more accurate 😕

Take your point Jo......but I  imagine Tamiya based it on this one.....First production run.

bKI1GWv.jpg.....

As regards the Zimmerit. I've seen many AFV's in Normandy without it. During the whole 3 months in combat, the army of the west only received 7 replacement pieces of armour. The Zimmerit application was ended in September '44. So one could assume they went into combat in June/July with Zimmerit-less vehicles.....either way, I'm not to wrapped up in infinite detail myself.....I know some are, but I just enjoy the build.

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2019 at 6:02 AM, bigfoot said:

Great model, excellent finish to it.

On 7/13/2019 at 7:18 AM, Harry Callahan said:

looks great, i like the tonal variations in the yellow colour, its living

21 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Excellent finish Simon, with just the right amount of weathering. The stowage is first class also.

John.

16 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Excellent Stug Simon, the paint finish and stowage look very realistic. :thumbsup:

Thank chap's for taking a look, and thumbs up. Once I get a place one day to display diorama's; I'll finish it with the mud and dust to match the scene.

Thanks again.....:yes:

• Like 3