Forum on mobile - "Mark site read" button AWOL

Vlad

I WISH it was missing on mine

I keep hitting the expurgated thing on scrolling and losing track of builds I have seen

On my tablet it sits exactly in the finger swipe zone

I detest the thing

I don't know if I'm using a Mobile Version though, maybe I should hunt it out if my nemesis is missing

😱😨.            🍻I'll go seeking enlightenment, thanks🍻

• Confused 1

On 29/10/2018 at 09:14, Vlad said:

Since a forum update a few weeks ago, the "Mark site read" button that used to be in the top-left menu on the mobile version of the forum has gone missing. Is this deliberate?

Are you requesting the desktop site on your mobile?  I suspect not, but I have to ask.  The menu is in the top right for me, and if you click Account from that menu, you should see Mark Site Read near the bottom.

Does that solve your problem?  If not, can you show me a screen shot please? :)

15 minutes ago, perdu said:

I WISH it was missing on mine

I keep hitting the expurgated thing on scrolling and losing track of builds I have seen

On my tablet it sits exactly in the finger swipe zone

I detest the thing

it's not universally liked, but has been a feature for as long as I can remember.  I moved the VNC button a bit to help a few members with shaky hands from hitting it by mistake, but AFAIK I can't remove it.  We don't get many complaints about it TBH, but when we do, they're quite :boom: about it.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Are you requesting the desktop site on your mobile?  I suspect not, but I have to ask.  The menu is in the top right for me, and if you click Account from that menu, you should see Mark Site Read near the bottom.

Does that solve your problem?  If not, can you show me a screen shot please? :)

Yes, I meant top right menu sorry, I am definitely using the mobile version. On desktop that button is just in the middle of the ribbon at the top of the page, not under any menus.

And yes, found it now, thank you!

It did move, it used to just he in the first page of that menu, without having to go into the "Account" section.

4 minutes ago, Vlad said:

It did move, it used to just he in the first page of that menu, without having to go into the "Account" section.

It's probably better off there, as not many people like it :shrug:  Don't feel bad for not spotting it - there are a few things about the mobile version/skin that I don't find particularly intuitive, but it's got such a huge improvement in functionality from the older cobbled-together mobile versions that it's worth it :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On chrome on the bottom right are thee dots, which open a menu once pushed. In that menu there is a line „request Desktop Site“

It is slow and not as quick n easy  to navigate with a smartphone, however.

Edited by Blaubar
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blaubar said:

On chrome on the bottom right are thee dots, which open a menu once pushed. In that menu there is a line „request Desktop Site“

It is slow and not as quick n easy  to navigate with a smartphone, however.

Thabks very much. I just had a quick look on chrome app and can see what you mean however don’t seem to work for me. I’m on an iPhone maybe that’s why. It used to be a website feature.

i just prefer using the main site sometimes for familiarity.

cheers Rob :)

• Like 1

I'm on an iPhone, too and as I dislike Safari and all Apple stuff except for the phone, I am only using Chrome...

I'll upload a few screenshots for u to flickr, gimme a minute.

Ok, strange. It used to work on BM, now the desktop site feature does not work here anymore on my iPhone either. (I tried other websites, they display the desktop version just fine...) weird.

Edited by Blaubar
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Blaubar said:

I'm on an iPhone, too and as I dislike Safari and all Apple stuff except for the phone, I am only using Chrome...

I'll upload a few screenshots for u to flickr, gimme a minute.

Ok, strange. It used to work on BM, now the desktop site feature does not work here anymore on my iPhone either. (I tried other websites, they display the desktop version just fine...) weird.

Thanks thatbwould be great I can see it fine just don’t work for me. I have a feeling it’s more to do with the settings of the new update perhaps a mod can help.

i ain’t keen on safari either. Love the hardware such as phone and iPad. As for software and the caged in restrictions and exclusivity of Apple not good. 

Rob :)

47 minutes ago, Blaubar said:

45886192982_db794d79aa_c.jpg

Then it should look like this:

30996745357_f3a7498508_c.jpg

but sadly it still looks like this

45211511284_ebf9c34b45_c.jpg

Strange. But no prob for me, as I never use the desktop site. Good luck to you.

Cheers

Thanks for that I’m going to try again.

many thanks Rob :)