AMP& MikroMir News, questions, wishes, and more ...

praded-dembelya

3 hours ago, praded-dembelya said:

Supermarine S-5 1/48

S_5_800.jpgi.gif

Any last vestige of resistance I had to purchasing this kit has now disappeared :wub: 

• Like 3

Any chance that MicroMir might produce some 1/144 scale ROYAL NAVY submarines?  I’ve given up all hope that Revell might.  The only decent manufacturer left which is likely to take over seems to be MicroMir.

MicroMir have given us some quite decent German and Soviet 1/144 kits so PLEASE consider the RN!

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Any chance that MicroMir might produce some 1/144 scale ROYAL NAVY submarines?

MicroMir have given us some quite decent German and Soviet 1/144 kits so PLEASE consider the RN!

On 12/6/2018 at 11:39 PM, Rob G said:

I just did an ordinary Google search and found data and blueprints on virtually any WW1 submarine:  USN and UK.👍

How about early US subs K class, L Class ect.. 

Edited by Mike Esposito

I've been looking at converting diecast Halifax IIIs, and was struck at how much easier it would be to work backwards to  Mk.III from a kit in the VI, VII, VIII or IX range.  It would require options for pannier or normal bombay, H2S or parachute hatch.  Also a choice of tail turrets, ideally.

On 12/2/2018 at 11:34 AM, praded-dembelya said:

I will make British submarines, but I do not have enough information. Help and you will be happy. :)

I have searched for British ‘T’ class WW2 submarines on the Internet, and found plans and photographs.  I’m guessing but I shouln’t  be surprised if you could obtain similar details for ‘S’ and ‘U’ classes too.  What information do you need?  I shouldn’t be surprised if the Royal Navy Submsrine Museum at Godport has accurate plans available!

Just trying to help ...

Jonny

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Alouette III please. 1/48 please start soon 

CL-41G (Canadair Tutor) - 1/48  please consider 

DH Dove -1/48 please consider

lovely render on the gazelle and the huskie box art looks great 

keep up the good work

rgds

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 3:12 AM, Jonny said:

What information do you need?

MM need accurate drawings - but they must include cross-sections.

I sent them drawings for both the K-Class and HMS Resolution - and they have responded with kits of both.

I have also purchased and sent them some other RN sub drawings - but no response so far.....:crying:

They are open to input - but it is those cross-sections that are the stumbling blocks.

They are also a small cottage outfit in the Ukraine - so expensive drawings from the RN Sub Museum are a bit of an overhead.

Ken

PS - I have no link with MikroMir - I'm just a happy customer.

All my 1/350 scale subs:- http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/model_submarines_350_scale.html

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

My humble sugestions

1/144 soviet WW2 submarine series:

- series X and series Xbis Schuka class submarines

- series Vbis - needs only new connig tower really- i don't understand why only series V was made - the only type that didn't see the action (all being part of Pacific fleet) good model tough,

series Vbis-2 Schuka class ,

- series XII - M class submarine,

- A class submarine (modernised American Holland - class)

1/72

- G-5 class torpedo boat

- D class torpedo boat

- BK-1125 gunboat

- basicly scaling down to 1/72 of all your coming 1/48 aircraft and helicopter projects 

• Thanks 1