Leicester City Owners helicopter crashes in club car park after taking off from the pitch!

tonyot

6 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Of course, one of the strengths of the AAIB is that they are not concerned about "whose fault is it?", which is why aviation safety culture is seen as model for other activities where accidents and mistakes can happen and people can learn from them.

best,

M.

The medical profession being one. In fact I believe Sully of the Hudson fame is now advising the hospitals on that very issue. 

I worked in aviation most of my working life and that culture was ingrained in me but I once worked for a company making medical devices, stents in fact. I was astonished at their attitude to mistakes. A pure blame culture no interest in how it happened or why. Just find a culprit and if that wasn't possible assign it to 2 or 3 people who were nearby. All it did was encourage a cover up.

Aviation is as safe as it is because asking why rather than who comes first.

Edited by noelh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

aviation safety culture is seen as model for other activities where accidents and mistakes can happen and people can learn from them.

Exactly... Nobody does it better . Looks at it's self and  doesn't get people closing up and sticking up for other peoples mistakes . Paperwork chain and control is absolute, it can't be changed and quarantined /locked up after an incident , material tracking right back to the ground where it came from  . It isn't cheap to do , safety has no price .

The medics ? What a joke they are. Paperwork that can be removed from a ring binder because it isn't serial numbered , sticking together and just telling lies ,ask me how I know. On second thoughts , best not.

I spoke to records at my hospital , once it all goes digital ,no one will be able to change records or delete them . Lies won't help them anymore. I told them what we do and they couldn't believe it , it was fail safe . I asked when they'll be doing something similar … The manager just looked at me a bit lost .

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 2

The Sikorsky S92 fleet currently has a repetitive 10 flying hour inspection on its tail rotor pitch change bearing so it’s not uncommon, irregular but not uncommon throughout helicopter manufacturers with similar design. I’m sure the Emergency Airworthiness Directive will have a stringent compliance details to maintain airworthiness.

• Like 1