Revell 1:16 VW Samba Bus conversion with lights

Hi Everyone

This seemed the perfect kit for doing many conversions so I decided to go for the camper van look with my usual detailing of adding working lights.

I converted the inside and created a kitchen feature with built-in cupboards, oven, drawers, sink with taps and a microwave. I also added a removable table top and double bed along with an extending awning on the roof and roof rack.

As this kit was built on an older model I only added working side lights, headlights, brake lights and indicators. Lastly I added the roof rack with luggage over the front cab.

Building this kit, everything went together perfectly and it was a big help being able to add the glazing from the outside after the body was assembled. There was no flashing on the sprues and included were plenty of chrome parts with a lot of detailing.

As I said before, there is plenty of scope for creating more versions of this bus and now that there is a panel van also available the idea's are numerous.

More pictures are available HERE  including some Work in Progress pictures and a video of the lights working.

I hope that you enjoy the following pictures and my adaptation of a very popular vehicle still being used today and look forward to your reviews.

Samba00

Samba01a Samba02

With side lights on

Samba04

Headlights

Samba05

Indicators

Samba06 Samba06a Samba12 Samba13

Rear side lights

Samba10

Rear brake lights

Samba11 Build03 Build05 Build09 Build10 Build13

Edited by ukmodeller
update links
  • Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 5:55 AM, JeroenS said:

Amazing, right down to the design on the "living room" floor.

Thanks, Jeroen. There is so much material available on the Internet now for creating these conversions and it's amazing when you see what people have done with the real thing.

Edited by ukmodeller
correction