DDP models 1/24 Porsche 914/6 LM 1970

Early on this year I found DDP models quite by chance after an American friend invited me to join a GT group on FB and instantly connected with gentleman who owns the company in Italy we are now good friends and I have already purchased 9 kits from him 4 still to come so this is my first DDP Models kit they are resin and not for the beginner.

So onto the kit of the Porsche 914/6 that raced at LeMans in 1970 it was wet race and the car out did all the other Porsches in the class the kit is a great rendition and was very clean with minimal clean up required the wheels come as 2 piece and we're Alcladded with Chrome or Polished Aluminium here's a few pics and the Red around the windscreen depicts Red tape that had to be put round the windscreen after it started to loosen

41c31d42-7f48-4862-a1b6-ad1ba2b4f727_zps

00589e7b-865f-49c2-8ec7-a07d7b6da196_zps

Porsche%20%20914%20002_zpsdtj3izgs.jpg

Porsche202091420004_zpszpnhmtd1.jpg

Porsche202091420001_zpsd1ptw09c.jpg

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I always wanted a go in a 914.

Friend of mine had one back in the day - he wouldn't let me drive it, but riding in it I was always amazed by the way it changed direction - brilliant handling little car!

Very nice model Stevie, have to say I've never heard of DDP models - what other kits have you got?

Neat little Porker!

Keith

• Like 1

13 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Friend of mine had one back in the day - he wouldn't let me drive it, but riding in it I was always amazed by the way it changed direction - brilliant handling little car!

Very nice model Stevie, have to say I've never heard of DDP models - what other kits have you got?

Neat little Porker!

Keith

Hi Keith

I'm trying to keep the stash to a minimum as my wife and I are hoping to be moving in the next year or so but my meagre stash at the moment is a 1/20 Porsche 935 which I found in my old modelling shed a few weeks ago and I was able to source a new set of decals so that will be a rebuild the following are all DDP models I'm currently working on a Fiat Abarth 1000SP "Pal Joe", Ferrari 712 can am 71, P2 LM 65, Porsche Carrera 6, I also have ordered the following Porsche's 911 Targa Florio, 2 908,s and their latest model a Lola GT I also have a Tamiya 935/78 which I'm hoping to build on a GT2 chassis after seeing a picture of the real car with the GT2 BBS wheels and finally-I think!- Revell's 914/6 which I won on Ebay after placing a silly bid of £12.99 and forgot all about it until I got the I won now pay for it message the next DDP build is the 712 can am car and this is a full detail kit Oh and I almost forgot I'm also doing an Alfa DTM car now as well  more soon

Here's a link to the only way I know of getting DDP kits and I can tell you that Pierpaolo who runs it is a gentleman https://www.facebook.com/ddpmodels/

Steve

Edited by stevieboy2

That's a nice little stash Steve! I'd found DDP Models facebook page after posting and they all look really good models - very tempting! Trouble is even after 'reducing' my car models stash I still have over 100 of them, and I'm more of a rally car builder and there's at least 6 new models coming out next year that are on my 'must get' list!! Oh dear....!!

Looking forward to seeing the Alfa!

Keith

• Like 1

21 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Trouble is even after 'reducing' my car models stash I still have over 100 of them,

"Nice little stash" yourself there, Keith 😉 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Steve,

your Porsche looks fantastic!!!

I also had contact with Pierpaolo concerning his models. In the moment I'm facing a real big problem which model I should choose. They all look super. And it seems like each are produced perfectly. So I will make my choice during this weekend... and the 914/6 is top of my list...

Cheers

Marco F.

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:10, Marco F. said:

Hello Steve,

your Porsche looks fantastic!!!

I also had contact with Pierpaolo concerning his models. In the moment I'm facing a real big problem which model I should choose. They all look super. And it seems like each are produced perfectly. So I will make my choice during this weekend... and the 914/6 is top of my list...

Cheers

Marco F.

Hi Marco

Pierpaolo is a gentleman and his models are excellent I already have 4 more including the very latest DDP model a Lola mk6 gt more when I get them but the 914/6 is spot on

Glad I was able to help

Steve

• Thanks 1