Nakajima BN5 Kate Battle of Midway+++FINISHED+++

GREG DESTEC

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Looking very smart Greg. :thumbsup2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix 👍

I hope to have this one finished by next weekend so I can prepare for the start of the Panzer IV GB. 

Regards Greg

Edited by GREG DESTEC
Spelling

Your tempting me to crack mine open Greg, it really does look like a lovely kit and your not helping my untreatable disease of starting one kit before finishing another! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Your tempting me to crack mine open Greg, it really does look like a lovely kit and your not helping my untreatable disease of starting one kit before finishing another! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave,

It's a nice kit, I'm sure you'll enjoy building it.

Cheers Greg 😀

• 3 weeks later...

Christmas Greetings fellow Pacific GB modellers!

Despite a lack of updates on this one, progress has been made and am calling her done.

See below for photos. The camo is all brush painted, and was something of an experiment for me. I used heavily thinned paint applied with a cotton bud to make the splotches then darkened the center with paint un thinned. I was quite pleased with the result.

Getting the wing fold lined up was a bit of a challenge but was completed without any drama.

This is my final build for the GB which has been great, thanks to all who liked or commented along the way, Cheers, and Happy Christmas, Greg

46395176752_3fe16a4d8e_z.jpg

46395175842_70f4621c79_z.jpg

32573543168_3ed03645de_z.jpg

32573542508_c5d15c7465_z.jpg

46395176302_7351351cb7_z.jpg

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, PZRGREN said:

Looks excellent and i will be using that camo technique on mine!   Well done.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Roger.

Cheers Roger,

I'm glad you like it.

All the best for the festivities.

Greg 👍

23 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

That does look great Greg. I think that the camo technique looks to have worked really well. Very well done. :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix,

I am hoping it will work on Luftwaffe subjects as I have a few in the stash.

All the best Greg 😀

This has worked out very well. Brush painting the bolches works on Japanese planes. I think in the real world they often were brush painted. It is a pity this was the foldered wing one, it looked great open. Still another time. 1/48 maybe.

• Like 1

Well done Greg, she's awesome!! :thumbsup:

it's great to see her finished and you should be very proud of her as well, a really lovely model.

I do like the technique you used for the blotches, it worked perfectly. It gives a very similar effect to what we use to do with a paintbrush with the bristles cut right back, I fact I still use my 30 odd tear old brush for some stuff.

Again well done, it's been a real pleasure to have you along and to follow this build. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Well done Greg, she's awesome!! :thumbsup:

it's great to see her finished and you should be very proud of her as well, a really lovely model.

I do like the technique you used for the blotches, it worked perfectly. It gives a very similar effect to what we use to do with a paintbrush with the bristles cut right back, I fact I still use my 30 odd tear old brush for some stuff.

Again well done, it's been a real pleasure to have you along and to follow this build. :thumbsup:

Thanks Rich,

It was a pleasure. I wish I had time to do a subject for the third part of the GB. There's been many great builds, and the gallery is full of great entries.

All the best Greg 😁

5 hours ago, Grandboof said:

Great result Like the cammo Looking forward to some Luftwaffe subjects from you 

Martin H

Thanks Martin,

I have tried many ways to replicate mottling without an airbrush and this way appears to be a good one. I have a few Fw 190's and Bf 109's to try it on in the future.

Cheers Greg 😄