Lberator VI 335 Sq RAF SEAC "Wandering Witch"

Grandboof

Hi All 

Here  is my promised Liberator VI "Wandering Witch" It will be pretty much OOB  but time will tell. Comments are always welcome . 

Martin H

vUdNFdo.jpg

• Like 6

welcome aboard with a wonderful addition to the build.

It's great to see one of these in the build and in RAF SEA colours as well, not a common scheme to see.

Good luck with the build, it'll be a great one to follow, look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

You're a brave man GB, I reckon the best part of this kit are the decals, I scrounged a set from Airfix to use on an Academy kit, being not so brave myself. I have seen a couple of these built up very nicely so all power to you. :)

Steve.

On 10/30/2018 at 3:09 PM, trickyrich said:

welcome aboard with a wonderful addition to the build.

It's great to see one of these in the build and in RAF SEA colours as well, not a common scheme to see.

Good luck with the build, it'll be a great one to follow, look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

Thanks Rich Will try to do it justice

On 10/30/2018 at 4:53 PM, stevehnz said:

You're a brave man GB, I reckon the best part of this kit are the decals, I scrounged a set from Airfix to use on an Academy kit, being not so brave myself. I have seen a couple of these built up very nicely so all power to you. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve Time will tell onward and upward as they say

Hope to start tonight 

Martin H

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All 

Well it's started. Interior initial paint on Cockpit detailing to follow . I have decided to omit the Airfix humanoid crew . The molds are showing their age a bit plenty of clean up to do . The joys of an old kit . More soon . Thanks for dropping by 

Martin H

WzSJHD4.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All 

A quick update while things are drying . The office is ready apart from seat belts . First indications are that I can fit the guns without the crew and thickness of the clear parts will hide most of the interior of the positions . Hope to build up most of the major sections this week . 

Thanks for looking 

Martin H

Ab0m3Zq.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Merry Christmas  to all 

Not as much progress as I had hoped but some anyway ; Both nose and tail guns need to be trimmed to fit The fit of clear parts to the turret barrels was trying with much filing and dry fitting. Deadline looming .off to do some more building . Thanks for dropping by 

Martin H

cW2tCNB.jpg 

• Like 3

great to see there's still progress on this build, hopefully you'll be able to make it in time. Christmas really is a bad time of the year for modelling....good though if you're getting modelling pressies!! :D

Hi All 

All closed up plenty of fill sand repeat on this one . Gaps gaps and more gaps . Added weight feels like enough time will tell. Hope to be close to finishing at least by the weekend.

More updates tomorrow Thanks for dropping by 

Martin H

kCZcnrT.jpg 

• Like 3

Ah! The dreaded (old) Airfix fuselage step. Always a joy to remedy, good luck with that. I have one of these in the stash, it might stay there a while longer now...

All the best Greg 😁

• Like 1

Hi All 

Most of today spent sanding . filling . scraping and still more to do . Wings are on and at least it's not a tail sitter. I doubt if the deadline will be possible but we'll see

Thanks as usual for dropping by 

Martin HHdp2IJi.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Martin,

Well done progressing the old bird. I would love to see this one in the gallery but you have the hard choice of rushing it through the critical final steps of taking some time to make all your hard work pay off.

What ever you choose Good luck with it.

Cheers Greg 😁

Edited by GREG DESTEC
Grammar

Hi All 

Thanks Greg Will keep going. Today another hiccup while trying do adjust the ball turret the clear bubble parted company with the barrel and the fairing departed for the inner regions never to return . Will try to knock something up from plastic card . I will finish this having come this far. 

Tanks all for dropping by 

Martin H 

xpGLaGJ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

oh dear.... you can't shake it out? It's not quite the easiest shape to make from memory as there's cutout for the gun barrels, it'll be mostly a time consuming job if you have to make one.

Looking good Martin. The old Airfix kit still goes together well. My late Dad flew in these during the war with 215 Sqn. in India and Burma, bombing Japanese held Pacific islands. He built this kit when it was initially released with USAF decals, but finished it in the RAF colours that he remembers. For some strange reason, he doesn't recall seeing them with SEAC roundels, which always seemed strange as these are well documented.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trickyrich said:

oh dear.... you can't shake it out? It's not quite the easiest shape to make from memory as there's cutout for the gun barrels, it'll be mostly a time consuming job if you have to make one.

Good news got the fairing out 

3 hours ago, AMB said:

Looking good Martin. The old Airfix kit still goes together well. My late Dad flew in these during the war with 215 Sqn. in India and Burma, bombing Japanese held Pacific islands. He built this kit when it was initially released with USAF decals, but finished it in the RAF colours that he remembers. For some strange reason, he doesn't recall seeing them with SEAC roundels, which always seemed strange as these are well documented.

Thanks Adrian  still have a soft spot for old kits.Memories I guess 

More soon 

Martin H

Hi All 

This is were things stand now , Ready for masklng and priming  Won't make the deadline though but should finish by New years  

Thanks to all who participated Thanks to the mods it's been fun Congratulations to all who made the gallery 

Martin H 

GOv5YnG.jpg 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

that's a shame Martin, it would have been nice to see a B-24 in the gallery.

Hopefully you will keep updating this thread, it'll be nice to see her completed.

Thanks Rich 

I  will keep this thread going Trying to find out if the "Witch" was one of the B24s that found  their way to the Indian AF. 

Martin H

Hi All 

The witch is masked and primed A little more work required on some joints . Should be ready for colour tomorrow

Thanks for dropping by 

Martin H

mlXBesC.jpg

• Like 3