Skyline street custom

That's a nice kit! Good colour scheme, well done on the interior. The paint looks a little bit rough in places, I can recommend Novus polish (nr 2), that should smooth it out nicely. I've used it for the first time recently and was quite impressed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JeroenS said:

That's a nice kit! Good colour scheme, well done on the interior. The paint looks a little bit rough in places, I can recommend Novus polish (nr 2), that should smooth it out nicely. I've used it for the first time recently and was quite impressed.

Yea not sure what happened with the paint, thanks for the tip will give it a go

Looks like you've done a good job of putting that one together, although I would have to agree that it woudl be worth having a little go at the paint finish. I've got one of these sitting semi-painted (I think winter has arrived just a little too early for me with this one), so hopefully I can pull of a similar standard build to yours. Keep the bonnet as it is though - the matt look suits this one.

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2018 at 3:08 PM, JeroenS said:

Yea not sure what happened with the paint, thanks for the tip will give it a go

13 hours ago, Spiny said:

Looks like you've done a good job of putting that one together, although I would have to agree that it woudl be worth having a little go at the paint finish

The paint crackled when I applied the clear. Should have tested it first

10 hours ago, dgraham said:

The paint crackled when I applied the clear. Should have tested it first

Just one of those things I guess - every model I've done so far has at least one thing I'm not completely happy with, so it gives me an incentive for the next one. The paint finish is the only thing I could pick up on this and it must be annoying that it's not something you've done but an unfortunate chemical reaction. For all that though, the rest of the model looks very nice, and the interior in particular not to mention the engine bay looks great.

Edited by Spiny
  • Thanks 1