1/48 Tamiya P-51D-10 "Detroit Miss", 361FG, 8AF.

Alexey, this is really, really nice work! 

Smoothed wing surface, canopy down on the fuselage, differentiation between Silver and NMF areas, chipping where needed and overall weathering kept on a fine level and beautiful photography - well what can I write more? 🙂

I guess the only thing is, that you need to tell us a bit more about the colors... 😉

What did you use / how did you proceed? Is it Alu-foil?

(especially about Aluminum and Silver, I find them spot on)

Cheers

Ben

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bearmatt said:

Alexey, this is really, really nice work! 

Smoothed wing surface, canopy down on the fuselage, differentiation between Silver and NMF areas, chipping where needed and overall weathering kept on a fine level and beautiful photography - well what can I write more? 🙂

I guess the only thing is, that you need to tell us a bit more about the colors... 😉

What did you use / how did you proceed? Is it Alu-foil?

(especially about Aluminum and Silver, I find them spot on)

Cheers

Ben

Hello Ben,

I'm glad that you like my work. The NMF areas were coverered by soft self-adhesive aluminium foil originally intended for flying models ("Flite-metal" may be you hear somewhere). Very useful stuff! The painted areas was airbrushed by decanted Tamiya AS-12 Bare Metal Silver which actually gives very nice smooth finish. Later I'll share more detailed photos and "how to" tips.

Alexey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 26/10/2018 at 21:40, Fencer-1 said:

The NMF areas were coverered by soft self-adhesive aluminium foil originally intended for flying models ("Flite-metal" may be you hear somewhere). Very useful stuff!

I noticed that @Flite-Metal  had recently joined the site, perhaps this would be of interest,  as a cross over between flying and scale models.

Great model Alexey,  I particularly like the ones on the airfield background

cheers

T

• Like 2