H.A.L. Ajeet 1/72 Special Hobby

Little thing called .... Ajeet :)

Another one of my latest jobs, the Indian Ajeet. This is an Indian version of well known Folland Gnat.

Lovely little airplane in colorful Indian Air Force colors.

The model is great, very easy for assembly, the pleasure to build it is full. Have some small mistakes but the kit is on quite high level.

The model is generally from the box with few updates. I made the lights at end of the wings, color pieces of plastic, put the struts in the air intakes, drill the holes of the rocket pods.

The pilot seat is resin from CMK. Never mind those Indian planes are quite heavy worn, I bet on some fine and not too aggressive weathering and not too dirty. And again some microweathering and chipping.

Hope you like this small bijou. :)

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Regards!

Edited by Stefanoff
  • Like 36

Stefanoff,

Traditionally, in the anglophone world ships are considered female - even the ones with obviously male names, just to confuse.  That tradition has extended to most types of machines.  Sometimes its positive as  in the love engendered for the machine and sometimes the worst kind of misogyny when the car won't start!

Cheers

Will

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 4:21 PM, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice, Stefan. She builds up in to a very nice model.

Martin

I agree with you Martin, she is Lovely with blue tail but you know there is a Yellow one with the stars, well I don't think that image is readily available on the internet.

4 minutes ago, Stefanoff said:

Yellow one !?! That sounds tasty, do you have picture?

Yes, I do have a picture of it, actually, there are many camo and exotic colors of Ajeet in IAF service, I think after Mig-21, Ajeet+Gnat has some so many colors in IAF service.