Special Hobby / CMK announcements, progress reports and more

petr@SpecialHobby

• 2 months later...

SH72417 Duo Kit of the Super Mystere / Sa'ar jets offers as many as six camouflage and marking options. Two Israeli, another two French, one as flown in South America with the Honduran AF and a unique-looking airframe during its transition period, after being overhauled at the IAI facility and before being painted and shipped to Honduras.

Do check them out on our blog.

http://www.specialhobby.info/2020/02/sh72417-smb-2-duo-pack-book-finished.html

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2020 at 12:46 PM, petr@SpecialHobby said:

New kit boxes being printed - Fouga Magister, Recon Viggen, Piaggio Quadrimotore:

http://www.specialhobby.info/2020/04/new-kit-boxes-in-print.html

Hello !

Please don't forget about the P-40M which is a very important variant not yet mainstream kitted in 1/72.  :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, petr@SpecialHobby said:

Join in our survey if you like, the topic is rather different this time.

http://www.specialhobby.info/2020/04/survey-would-you-fancy-this-sort-of-new.html

spacer.png

Those are both rather cool and would look good sat on the wing of something as the highlight or part of a Steampunk project.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I thought the Tophat with goggles looked a bit Steampunkish. 

That's what caught my eye as well :D 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 12:43 PM, petr@SpecialHobby said:

Join in our survey if you like, the topic is rather different this time.

http://www.specialhobby.info/2020/04/survey-would-you-fancy-this-sort-of-new.html

spacer.png

I think those would work well for "What if" type projects.

If you're going to do female figures and of the casting quality in the picture, would you consider some real world options as well? Maybe some female ATA figures to go with WWII RAF subjects.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, upnorth said:

If you're going to do female figures and of the casting quality in the picture, would you consider some real world options as well? Maybe some female ATA figures to go with WWII RAF subjects.

^^ 
Ditto. I know several people who will be very happy to see ATA or WRAAF figures :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, upnorth said:

Maybe some female ATA figures to go with WWII RAF subjects.

2 hours ago, alt-92 said:

^^ 
Ditto. I know several people who will be very happy to see ATA or WRAAF figures :)

What about WASPS female USAAF, Women's air service pilots. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, upnorth said:

Soviet fighter aces like Lydia Litvyak, say? Or Bomber crews or 'night witches' perhaps?

• Like 5

On 5/6/2020 at 7:30 AM, Paul Bradley said:

FYI, ICM has a new set of 3 WASP figures in 1/32. Not 48, I know, but still exciting!

Nice sadly its the wrong scale, I can hope they shrink them down someday. I can only really build in 1/48 & 1/72 due to storage and display issue’s.  

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 10:09 AM, occa said:

Hello !

Please don't forget about the P-40M which is a very important variant not yet mainstream kitted in 1/72.  :)

Academy’s 1/72 P-40 kit comes in a boxing with options for the P-40N/Kittyhawk IV and P-40M/Kittyhawk III. I know, because I’ve built the M from that box. Also, there is very little external difference between the late P-40K with the long tail and the P-40M and I believe they were both called Kittyhawk III in British service.

• Like 1