Special Hobby / CMK announcements, progress reports and more

petr@SpecialHobby

Hey Special Hobby Guys - Here is my projection of sales for a couple of your 1/48 potential releases

1/48 Vickers Vildebeeste - 100-1000 sales

1/48 Bristol Beaufort - 10,000 to 20,000 sales

So why are you faffing around and not doing it?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tom R said:

1/48 Bristol Beaufort - 10,000 to 20,000 sales

I wish you could find a kit producer that accepts to discuss what are real sales figures nowadays. I'd divide your estimates by four.

Edited by Laurent

Hey Special Hobby Guys - Here is Jan Polc and Laurent XXX 's projection of sales for a couple of your 1/48 potential releases

1/48 Vickers Vildebeeste - 20 -200 sales

1/48 Bristol Beaufort - 2,000 to 4,000 sales

So which one are you going to do?

I guess maybe there is more information around on the Vildebeeste and more users and interesting color schemes so maybe you do that one?

• 2 months later...

These are all great releases, but not one id a Beaufort. You would be surprised how many people want a 1/48 scale Beaufort.

Remember this wasn't only a British plane. It was in the RAAF and RNZAF as well. 

Oh yes Greg, you are quite right, I know. Our friends Down Under who have been so kind as to provide extensive references for this kit are becoming impatient as well. But, as I have told them - first things first, we are focusing now on finishing project which are very close to the release date and new things will come just after that.

Brno model show (called for some reason MODELLBRNO) takes place over the weekend of 14-15 June, all of you guys are of course warmly welcomed to visit our stand and to make sure you'll get what you want there, why not make your pre-orders right now?

Follow this link please:

http://www.specialhobby.info/2019/06/modellbrno-2019-pre-orders.html

spacer.png

Hi Petr,

In 2013 Hannants announced future releases of a Special Hobby Supermarine Seafire Mk.II in 1/72 (SH72150) and then a Supermarine Seafire XVII (SH72129} in 2018.

Do you know if these releases are still planned?

Many thanks,

Charles