Special Hobby / CMK announcements, progress reports and more

petr@SpecialHobby

17 hours ago, Tbolt said:

I bought an 'N' and it looked so good, I bought another straight away. Waiting for the Short tailed 'K' now and will probably pick up an 'E' as well. Looking forward to the Viggen and the Meteor as well, though I could improve one thing about Special Hobby's kits though it would be that the panel lines were a little narrower - they remind me of Airfix a few years back and they have managed to reduce the panel line just a little and now they look pretty good. I hope Special Hobby can do the same.

I'd rather build the new Special Hobby P-40 kits than just about any Airfix kit! I find most Airfix (that means most not all) I build these days give me some kind of hassle, the Special Hobby P-40 didn't, the fit was near perfect. I'm waiting for the K and the Kittyhawk Mk III, might even get the IA too :)

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

On 29/10/2018 at 07:18, petr@SpecialHobby said:

Wez: the type mentioned in your post is among several others that we are considering for our future production. Can't tell you more now.

Good news indeed Petr, thanks very much, I look forward to seeing the results :thumbsup2:

Good evening Petr

I have never been so excited about seeing a new release as I have over your Mirage III/V family. It is my favorite jet of all time and I have already built over 30 of your F.1's, the III/V however in all honesty I have lost count of how many I wish to build on top of the 50 I currently have ! My wife on the other hand just says oh no, good buy moor money! Still it will be easy for her to choose presents for me. Only two points regarding the Swiss Mirage, some aircraft had a different nose cone because of the American radar and the nose u/c leg and cover were different. Can't wait for these and hope to see a South American boxing, Asian boxing, African boxing, European - oops sorry getting carried away, so excited!!!!! 

Edited by Elkin
spelling mistake

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎01 at 1:58 PM, petr@SpecialHobby said:

Good news as for the up-scaled Vildebeest, your suggestion as it seems rather appealed to our production manager who asked our 3D designers to dig through our huge archives and bring to the day light the old 1/72 scale 3D design of this beastly biplane. If they succeed, we may start working on the project in near future.

Hi Petr,

if you are seriously considering the Vildebeest in 1/48, I would like to draw your attention to the thread here https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234997638-vildebeest-mk-iv-%E2%80%93-special-hobby-172-restored-links/&tab=comments#comment-2267407. It debates the rear cockpits' issue of your 1/72 Vildebeest/Vincent family in great detail, and should help you make this particular area right for the 1/48 guys. If you need I will be able to provide the necessary reference eventually.

Patrik

Edited by Patrik
  • Like 2

On 10/28/2018 at 3:12 PM, Antoine said:

I dare also to ask for an Exocet, if you plan for Pakistani Mirage 5PA3, but then most often they come with AIM-9P...

And there's already a very nice resin one in the SH Mirage F.1EQ boxings. 

Really looking forward to more of your Mirages, be it F.1's or III / 5's!

Cheers,

Andre

On 11/1/2018 at 12:58 PM, petr@SpecialHobby said:

Good news as for the up-scaled Vildebeest, your suggestion as it seems rather appealed to our production manager who asked our 3D designers to dig through our huge archives and bring to the day light the old 1/72 scale 3D design of this beastly biplane. If they succeed, we may start working on the project in near future.

Your production manager is a very wise man and wonderful human being. I will be getting the Loire Colonial at Telford for rigging practice.

I hope you have a safe and easy journey to Telford.

Guys, before I get to answering to your posts, I have to try and settle one thing.

One of our customers who visited our stand at SMW must have got home in very sad mood I suspect. This unlucky guy and fellow modeller left a paper bag with rather expensive model at our cash desk, while buying some models from us. I am not going to tell now what the model was, but if you are that guy or know about him, do let me know via PM please. 

Edited by petr@SpecialHobby
  • Like 7

On 10/26/2018 at 10:57 AM, petr@SpecialHobby said:

Possibly the hottest news from Special Hobby this year is the announcement of a whole new 1/72 family of Mirage III/5 kits.

I just have to ask - any plans for twoseat versions, like your gorgeous Mirage F.1B?

Cheers,

Andre

Petr - that looks great. But is there any chance that you can upscale the Meteor NF series to 1/48 scale please, particularly the NF14?

Thanks,

John

• Like 1

Petr, I noticed on scalemates.com and on Hannets an SH72139 O-1 Bird Dog as a future release. Before I start doing battle with the old Airfix kit, is this still something you plan on doing? Near or far future?

Thanks

Howard

Is there any chance of you scaling the Sabre-engined Tempests down to 1/72? There really isn't a great kit available.

And while I'm at it, how about some 1930s Hawker biplanes: Hartebeest, Demon, Hart, Hind, Osprey, Nimrod, Fury, etc. I'd like 1/32nd but 1/72 and/or 1/48 would be fine too!

Edited by VMA131Marine
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Is there any chance of you scaling the Sabre-engined Tempests down to 1/72? There really isn't a great kit available.

And while I'm at it, how about some 1930s Hawker biplanes: Hartebeest, Demon, Hart, Hind, Osprey, Nimrod, Fury, etc. I'd like 1/32nd but 1/72 and/or 1/48 would be fine too!

Preach the gospel brother! :pray: 

• Like 2

Hi Petr, I have a couple of quick questions for you about the future Mirage F.1A release:

1. Would I be correct in guessing that the colour options will be Libyan, South African and possibly Gabonese?

2. Are you planning on doing the CLB4 centerline pylon in either resin or plastic?

Mike.:)

As long as suggestions are being submitted I would love to build a 1/48 X-15.  At one time you produced this but I have not seen it except on eBay where it is generally quite pricy.  Anyway, this is an important aircraft in the history of aviation and it would be great to see either a reissue or a new rendition of it.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harold55 said:

As long as suggestions are being submitted I would love to build a 1/48 X-15.  At one time you produced this but I have not seen it except on eBay where it is generally quite pricy.  Anyway, this is an important aircraft in the history of aviation and it would be great to see either a reissue or a new rendition of it.

Thanks

If you are really interested in this plane then join me in hoping for another go at it. @JeffreyK of Hypersonic offered a correction set that replaced 90% of the kit. Regretably it seems that sanity has returned as it's not available anymore. However as a consultant to Special Hobby we could get a great kit and Hypersonic could do the embelishments/resin parts. I live in hope. I need that and a 1/48 Trimotor to complete my Neil Armstrong tribute.

• 2 months later...
On 13/02/2019 at 13:25, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon  Petr

Would it be possible to have information on the progress of the Mirages kits ?

Cheers

Patrice

4 minutes ago, Hook said:

Seconded!

Cheers,

Andre 

Thirded!

Whilst we're at it, what's the progress with the 1/72nd Super Mystère?

• 2 weeks later...