Special Hobby / CMK announcements, progress reports and more

petr@SpecialHobby

Vazeny pane Petre,

Could you tell us what is the timetable for your 1/72 Potez XXV? What versions? What markings?

BTW don't you think that the new tool 1/72 MiG-19 is almost as good idea as the Mirage III ?

S pozdravem

Michael

• Like 1

Good Morning, guys!

Antoine:

While the armament range is really huge so far, there is not the slightest problem to make it even wider. Either in the form of injection moulded stuff added to the steel mouldings or as a resin bits and bobs added just

to specific boxes - if you are already familiar with our concept as demonstrated in the F.1  or the Casa, you know we do not refuse adding extra weaponry or details not already present in the basic moulds.

So, the future is open and such posts as yours above just help us first know what modellers might like to find in the box and secondly what we might have missed while designing the model.

Meaning - thank you very much for your post and input.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wez: the type mentioned in your post is among several others that we are considering for our future production. Can't tell you more now.

Snapper City - we would like to see the Sunderland released in time for the next year's Nuremberg Fair

Michael / PL - The MiG-19 has recently been quite ferociously fought for by some members of one Czech modelling forum, you may have noticed this discussion. And I am afraid that my boss, Mr.Alfred Riedel, our Production Manager, revealed his strong intention that the company should be focusing on some other types. Sorry for not having better news.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Petr,

How about  the release of the Tachikawa Ki 54 Hickory  SH72270?

I spoke to Mr. Riedel last year at Telford and he told me a release date of mid 2018. But till now it is silent about it.

Please tell me the good news!!!

Hans

6 hours ago, petr@SpecialHobby said:

To be released in a week or two - Vickers Vildebeest Mk.III SH72400.

SH72400_Vildebeest+MkIII.jpg

With all that rigging would there be any chance we could see this in 1/48?  Lovely and very interesting subject but I don't think I could do it justice in 1/72.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 8:13 AM, petr@SpecialHobby said:

if you are already familiar with our concept as demonstrated in the F.1  or the Casa, you know we do not refuse adding extra weaponry or details not already present in the basic moulds.

That's just great.

This makes me think about a further weaponry question, but concerning the F1.

You know that when we sold the aircraft to Irak, there was a lot of weapons and pods developped and integrated to the F1.

COR-2, Syrel, BAZAr, you name it.

Would it be possible to see all of this stuff available as aftermarket items?

Antoine - interesting idea, cannot promise anything now, but let me check it. In case we would  not be able to find reliable reference materials, drawings, photos, it would be nice to get some help from you and other French readers.

Vildebeest - it is quite a huge beast (or should I say beest) in this scale, not to mention other larger scales 🙂  I think we simply have to focus now on those many other projects which are underway or about to get started. This applies also for the B-23 Dragon. You know, I personally would very much like to see some very extraordinary types to be kitted, such as for instance the Westwind / Sea Scan or IAI Arava, but these just would not bring the food on the table as the saying goes.

Whirlwind - sometimes in 2019 perhaps.

• Like 3

Good news as for the up-scaled Vildebeest, your suggestion as it seems rather appealed to our production manager who asked our 3D designers to dig through our huge archives and bring to the day light the old 1/72 scale 3D design of this beastly biplane. If they succeed, we may start working on the project in near future.

And now, some news on the Reichenberg missile and night fighting Meteors:

http://www.specialhobby.info/2018/11/132-fi-103a-1re-4-reichenberg-and-172.html

IMG_20181031_103934.jpg

IMG_20181031_104138.jpg

• Like 4

Your P-40 kits are brilliant, I've only built the N so far but I am very impressed with the quality of the kit and how well it builds up. I've really looking forward to your Meteor NF 13 and Mirage IIICJ, I've been wanting decent kits of them for some time!

thanks

Mike

On 10/31/2018 at 8:18 AM, petr@SpecialHobby said:

Antoine - interesting idea, cannot promise anything now, but let me check it. In case we would  not be able to find reliable reference materials, drawings, photos, it would be nice to get some help from you and other French readers.

Thanks, that should not be a problem.

21 hours ago, Mikemx said:

Your P-40 kits are brilliant, I've only built the N so far but I am very impressed with the quality of the kit and how well it builds up. I've really looking forward to your Meteor NF 13 and Mirage IIICJ, I've been wanting decent kits of them for some time!

thanks

Mike

I bought an 'N' and it looked so good, I bought another straight away. Waiting for the Short tailed 'K' now and will probably pick up an 'E' as well. Looking forward to the Viggen and the Meteor as well, though I could improve one thing about Special Hobby's kits though it would be that the panel lines were a little narrower - they remind me of Airfix a few years back and they have managed to reduce the panel line just a little and now they look pretty good. I hope Special Hobby can do the same.

• Like 1