Special Hobby / CMK announcements, progress reports and more

petr@SpecialHobby

Thank you Mike for creating this manufacturers' sub-forum and allowing us, producers, to share with the customers and fellow modellers our latest news and discuss on forthcoming or future projects.

So, let me kick off today by bringing to your attention the latest development news of the 1/72 NF Meteor project that I am sure, when finished,  will be warmly welcomed by UK modellers and by many others too.

http://www.specialhobby.info/2018/10/172-nf-meteor-and-148-siebel-si-204.html

1/72 NF Meteor moulding tool being workend on:

IMG_20181019_172359.jpg

1/48 Siebel 204 / Aero C-3 aluminium moulding tool blocks:

IMG_20181019_172427.jpg

• Like 15

Possibly the hottest news from Special Hobby this year is the announcement of a whole new 1/72 family of Mirage III/5 kits. Let me share with you our rendered images of the kits of this beautiful war machine:

read more at:

http://www.specialhobby.info/2018/10/special-hobbys-new-172-mirages-iii-5.html

and

http://www.specialhobby.info/2018/10/upcoming-mirage-family-pt2.html

and finally here at

http://www.specialhobby.info/2018/10/mirage-iii5nesherdagger-family-of-172.html

33+Mirage+III+ads+10.jpg

34+Mirage+III+ads+11.jpg

• Like 3

Weapons - as with our other kits, already in the box. Possibly some kind of weaponry may also appear later in resin CMK range.

Markings - not definitely, no, but we will definitely go for the most interesting schemes of each Mirage version.

Release date? We will keep you updated on this.

Hi guys:

Christer - I am so sorry, but because of bad health of one of our staff, our presence in Sweden this weekend had to be called off. And the guy, who was supposed to give the lecture, is not going to be a member of our company any more, due to both his poor health and for his personal reasons too.

Paul - it seems so, but you know, anything may happen meantime. I cannot tell the release date with more precision now, sorry.

Edited by petr@SpecialHobby
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi Petr,

The tooling for the Meteor fuselage sprue seems to be made out of resin. Is that the case ?

Several years ago Mirage F1AZ CAD renders were published. Will plastic appear in a foreseeable future ?

I'm eagerly expecting your Mirage III/5 family. Mirage fans buy multiple kits so a good value-for-money option (not too sophisticated, not too expensive, just like your Mirage F1s) is a must.

Cheers,

Laurent

Edited by Laurent

Petr,

Another modeller looking forward to both the Meteor and Mirage, both of these are very high up on my list of wants and can't come soon enough!

What news of your Super Mystère co-operation with Azur, is it far away?

Edited by Wez

Guys, thank you all for hanging around for a while in our forum. I will try to answer you all:

Laurent - while you are right in saying that what you see is resin, I have to specify it a bit more, the thing depicted in the photo IS NOT the final moulding tool block per se. It is kind of first stage, made of resin, a sort of "pattern" for the future mould. This is made of resin, and later it is going to be used for growing layers of copper on it during so called electro plating process. Meaning that the final Meteor mould is made of copper, ie. metal.

Mirage AZ - We have released French C/C200 version now and after a couple of months' time we plan to release some non-French boxing, so South Africa is a hot possibility. We tend to keep it in a scheme - French / foreigner / French…. etc.

You can't be expecting the Mirage III/5 as eagerly as I do 🙂 !  I am absolutely thrilled by this new model of ours, have been waiting for a proper Mirage for almost all my modelling life.

Meatbox - James, is it you? Well, Sunderland is coming to its final stages now, our graphic designer has already started preparing instruction booklet.

Wez - SMB2 - from my point of view, I would not call it a cooperation with Azur Frrom, it is our project, the French have just ordered two reboxings, and they also may have some right to introduce the type on the market before we do. As I personally check all the test shots of our kits that uses steel moulding blocks, I can tell you that this SMBD project is the very best we and our toolmakers have achieved so far and it has also taken rather little time comparing with our earlier full-steel projects. The test shots are getting better and better with each generation, now we are in the fourth gen of the SMB2 testshots and each generation is better than the previous one. I expect it might take 3-6 months before we approve the moulding blocks for production.

I DEFINITELY will keep you updated, both here, in our dedicated Special Hobby sub-forum on Britmodeller and on our SH blog too.

Nice evening and peaceful weekend to you all, friends!

Petr / Special Hobby

• Like 7

My post was that l am looking forward to picking up the Phantom and Mirage F1C at your stand at Telford. Keep the Cold War subjects coming, a Javelin in 1/72 would be nice.

Robert

• Like 3

Hi Petr, 

That's just great to see a new Mirage family coming to us.

I've a few questions regarding the weapons.

The picture at the bottom shows a huge range, and that is most welcome, but there's a few important things missing.

Included is an AS37 MARTEL, so we'll certainly get markings for 3ème Escadre, who was in charge of SEAD.

But then, what about ECM protection? Barax & Barracuda 1 & 2, with Phimat should fit the bill, and I believe they are already with most of the Mirage F1 boxes.

And if there's still room in the armament sprue, it would be nice to have an AN52, together  with 4ème Escadre markings                                                                          

35+Mirage+III+ads+12.jpg

On 26/10/2018 at 18:45, petr@SpecialHobby said:

Wez - SMB2 - from my point of view, I would not call it a cooperation with Azur Frrom, it is our project, the French have just ordered two reboxings, and they also may have some right to introduce the type on the market before we do. As I personally check all the test shots of our kits that uses steel moulding blocks, I can tell you that this SMBD project is the very best we and our toolmakers have achieved so far and it has also taken rather little time comparing with our earlier full-steel projects. The test shots are getting better and better with each generation, now we are in the fourth gen of the SMB2 testshots and each generation is better than the previous one. I expect it might take 3-6 months before we approve the moulding blocks for production.

This is good news indeed and I'm really looking forward to it!

6 minutes ago, Antoine said:

Hi Petr, 

That's just great to see a new Mirage family coming to us.

I've a few questions regarding the weapons.

The picture at the bottom shows a huge range, and that is most welcome, but there's a few important things missing.

Included is an AS37 MARTEL, so we'll certainly get markings for 3ème Escadre, who was in charge of SEAD.

But then, what about ECM protection? Barax & Barracuda 1 & 2, with Phimat should fit the bill, and I believe they are already with most of the Mirage F1 boxes.

And if there's still room in the armament sprue, it would be nice to have an AN52, together  with 4ème Escadre markings                                                                  

I can only echo Antoine's enthusiasm for your forthcoming Mirage III/5 series and his requests for the additional armament/ECM fits.

When you've got this done can you turn your hand to the Mirage 2000?

Edited by Wez