RWD-5 bis ZTS Plastyk 1/72nd scale

19 hours ago, Moa said:

Hey, offer one to The Martian, we want him to be greenly happy.

Seeing as how I can't physically be with either of you, I shall buy myself a beer or ten. Which of you two do I send the bill to?

Gasping of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Small segments of tubing are cut to make for the exhausts:

IMG_1339+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The after-market decals as you can see bellow depict the plane as not having the red landing gear struts and oleos. That seems correct for part of the flight to South America, but at some point those where painted red, most likely after a panne the plane suffered where its L.G. collapsed.
The decals are numbered on the sheet, but not on the graphics. The two tiny specks #18 are the prop logos. I can see the Aero Club text on the right side of the plane in photos, where the door is, but not on the left hand side, so I left that decal unapplied.

Although SP-AJU is a RWD-5 bis, the only decal for the vertical stabilizer is missing the "bis" -although it is drawn so in the graphics-, but is correct since photos show the type without the "bis" word.

IMG_1340+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Edited by Moa
correct mistake
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Moa said:

Oh, I am sure our dear host Britmodeller will be happy to.

@Mike, Messers Moa and Limeypilot seem to have landed you with my beer bill! I look forward to receiving your remittance as soon as you have sold your house and loved ones to cover it.

Totally reasonable of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

@Mike, Messers Moa and Limeypilot seem to have landed you with my beer bill! I look forward to receiving your remittance as soon as you have sold your house and loved ones to cover it.

A one word answer will be sufficient here, I think.  That word is "HAAAA!" :tease:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mike said:

A one word answer will be sufficient here, I think.  That word is "HAAAA!" :tease:

Better than I expected, I thought it would be a two word answer that would result in you having to suspend yourself! Mind you, stranger things have almost certainly happened on BM.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Martian Hale said:

Better than I expected, I thought it would be a two word answer that would result in you having to suspend yourself! Mind you, stranger things have almost certainly happened on BM.

Martian 👽

Yes, that was the first one that came to mind, but common-sense prevailed (possibly for the first time ever), and I went with the derisive snort instead 😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Martian Hale said:

Why is it that nobody wants to take responsibility for my beer bill? Have you all been listening to @corsaircorp perchance?

Martian 👽

I never listen to anyone.  I've been gullible and easily duped in the past, but today I'm putting my foot down with a firm hand.  None shall pass (gas). :shrug:

• Haha 2

Looks like you are going to cough up Moa, lest you become the USA's first genuine case of alien abduction. :fight:

Martian of the Blurglecruncheon 👽

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Looks like you are going to cough up Moa, lest you become the USA's first genuine case of alien abduction. :fight:

Martian of the Blurglecruncheon 👽

No need to go to extremes here, we are reasonable people (well, I am people, I have no idea of which kind of ectoplasm you could be made) no point in resorting to propaganda movies like Mars Attacks or War of the Worlds, my dear little (?) green man.

Let's be reasonable: after all, beer has a terrible effect on Martians, as amply demonstrated by Ray Bradbury in the Martian Chronicles.

You don't want that to happen to you, uh?

Now now, no little green tears, go back to your saucer and meditate on galactic peace.

Cheers

Not that i wish to change the subject, but my work here is done, the model is completed:

Edited by Moa
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

It was nothing to do with me. It was his idea! Having said that, always happy to stand my round, as long as it's not 10 intergalactic gargle blasters! 

Ian

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Why is it that nobody wants to take responsibility for my beer bill? Have you all been listening to @corsaircorp perchance?

Martian 👽

Ohoh

Dear tentacled one ! I told you, that I'll be back for SMW 2019 !

with some rocket fuel !! 

And given the number for a rocket fuel here on BM, I'd better start some saving right now :rofl2:

Great Idea Moa ! I really enjoy your builds ! 

So interestings aircrafts indeed !!

Sincerely.

CC :cheers:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Dear tentacled one ! I told you, that I'll be back for SMW 2019 !

with some rocket fuel !! 

And given the number for a rocket fuel here on BM, I'd better start some saving right now :rofl2:

Best bring a tanker then!

8 hours ago, limeypilot said:

, always happy to stand my round, as long as it's not 10 intergalactic gargle blasters! 

Ah, there we might have a bit of a problem.

23 hours ago, Moa said:

Let's be reasonable: after all, beer has a terrible effect on Martians, as amply demonstrated by Ray Bradbury in the Martian Chronicles.

You don't want that to happen to you, uh?

Too late I fear!

IMG_20181110_161455

IMG_20181110_161757

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

You look splendid, my dear chap!

Nothing like a touch of blue, so dignifying. Your distant relatives in Avatar don't look a bit as smart as you do.

Oh, noble Martian of blue blood.

(I may like to add, and I state this hereby for the record, that wish to remain absolutely ignorant regarding any other aspects of you anatomy and/or physiology; but nevertheless I unconditionally pledge my friendship to you)

Cheers

• Haha 4