Tug S.A. Everard

4 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Cheers Terry. I hadn't mentioned it during the thread, so I thought I'd do a bit of digging. I originally got the idea of Everard from Bob who built merchant ships on BM a few years ago but he didn't mention much except that it was an emblem. Further searching found this: https://www.benjidog.co.uk/allen/Everard Line.html

HTH 

Stuart

Screenshot-2022-01-23-13-48-06-806.jpg

• Like 1

For the aerial radio wires I would have used stretched plastic sprue, it's easy to make and use. With drops of cyanolite to simulate electrical insulators

But this is your project. 😜

20220122-161730.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 1:00 PM, Iceman 29 said:

aerial radio wires

I must admit Pascal that I wasn't particularly happy with my effort above and it took a while to get that. So, I tried the technique you suggested and although I managed to get the stretched sprue and it took ages to get the same sag in both wires to something I was happy with.

Calling this done.

IMG-8749.jpg

Not 100% but I know that if I carry on, I'll get frustrated. As a first scratch build (minus 2 items) I'm very happy with it, time to move on.

RFI here:  

Stuart

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hello

And why not use a fishing line for antenna wires? The fishing line can be of different thickness and different colors. Unlike stretched plastic sprue, it is the same thickness along the entire length.

• Like 1