Welcome to a new area!

Mike

:welcome: to a new area of Britmodeller that we've been pondering for an absolute age, but have only just gotten round to making, after engaging with two members that also have manufacturer hats that caused some confusion in the Rumourmonger area next door, which was originally intended to be a member driven area for finding out about new products.  This one's going to be uncluttered by guesses and surmises, and has instead been developed with manufacturers in mind, to allow them to post their new products, to ask us what we think, and ask for assistance from the vast collective expertise of our hobby (self excluded - I know nothing!).

The topics here will be started by accredited manufacturers (not shops, traders etc.), who will need to register as such by dropping me a PM and telling me which company they're involved with.  We'll then switch their membership category over to the newly minted Manufacturer type, which will give them the relevant permissions to start a topic to let us know what they're up to.  Us members will be able to reply, but crucially WON'T be able to start topics and muddy the waters with duplicates, wishlists and so forth.

Obviously it's a work-in-progress, so we can expect some teething issues, which we'll do our best to get out of the way quickly, but we anticipate it being of great use to those manufacturers and product developers that take advantage of it.  We've only got two members converted as yet, which are @petr@SpecialHobby and @Jan Polc, but we'll have more in due course, and will be inviting people as and when we remember.  My memory is poor, so if we don't invite you from the outset, don't get upset, just drop me a PM and I'll go :doh: and add you in just as soon as is practical.

Peace out :coolio:

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Sturmovik said:

Looks like a great idea, I hope we can see companies such as Airfix (obviously) or Revell join in to keep us updated.

They would be welcome to join and post.

• Like 3

Just to be contrarian, curious why this isn't in the already-existing "Shops, Manufacturers, and Vendors" section?

I also just realized that there's a specific forum for "News".  And that we are currently in the parent area "Modelling".  Seems a bit redundant, considering we're on a site dedicated to, err, modelling.  But hey, I did at least spot the new addition.

Truth is there is a vast array of stuff on Britmodeller, and I only ever go to a handful of destinations.  I'll have to see if I can get in on a tour sometime!

Best,

bob

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Andre B said:

At last an forum where to meet manufactures directly, discuss development, products and modelling. Wanted something like this for years! 🙂

Cheers / André

If you want to see more here, why not encourage them to sign up and join us? :)

1 hour ago, Mike said:

If you want to see more here, why not encourage them to sign up and join us? :)

Well, as I am a Swede I hope we will se Tarangus here and mentioned this forum at IPMS Stockholm. Hoppfully they join...

Cheers / André

• Thanks 1

• 4 years later...
5 minutes ago, Noel Smith said:

Question ref Manufacturers.       Some come and go as we all know.

But did any manufacturer take on making the photo etched parts that Tim Perry of PP Aeroparts and Ed Deeley's Airwave parts when they stopped manufacturing?

Airwaves were taken on by Hannants.

55 minutes ago, Noel Smith said:

But did any manufacturer take on making the photo etched parts that Tim Perry of PP Aeroparts and Ed Deeley's Airwave parts when they stopped manufacturing?

49 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Airwaves were taken on by Hannants.

And most of the PP Aeroparts stuff has been released by Flightpath