Vee-engine GB - (V)12 names so far...

Col.

17 minutes ago, Bill.B said:

I’ve only just noticed this thread and I’m currently about 30% through building the ‘General Lee’ Dodge Charger, am I too late? 🤔 

Deduct 5% for including a working Dixie horn in your finished build and you should be fine with it. Or add a Daisy figure figure and consider being only just begun! Of course that's up to Col.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Well :hmmm:can't find a reason why not, so...

Good man :D 

34 minutes ago, depressed lemur said:

Come on peeps, who doesn't like a V?

Indeed. Something potentially for everyone in this GB. Unless you are a figure modeller. In which case make a figure of a mechanic working on a V engine ;) 

26 minutes ago, Bill.B said:

I’ve only just noticed this thread and I’m currently about 30% through building the ‘General Lee’ Dodge Charger, am I too late? 🤔 

If by "about 30%" you really mean 25% then as @vppelt68says...

5 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Deduct 5% for including a working Dixie horn in your finished build and you should be fine with it. Or add a Daisy figure figure and consider being only just begun! Of course that's up to Col.

...it's all good :whistle:

• Thanks 1

Sounds like a plan to me, add me to the list please Col.

I've got a few F1 cars in the stash MP4/4...5...7, Williams FW13 and 14B and a couple of American muscle cars, Corvette LT1/ZR1 and an Olds  442

So gives me a chance to get a car built for a change :) 

Ian :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redstaff said:

Sounds like a plan to me, add me to the list please Col.

I've got a few F1 cars in the stash MP4/4...5...7, Williams FW13 and 14B and a couple of American muscle cars, Corvette LT1/ZR1 and an Olds  442

So gives me a chance to get a car built for a change :) 

Ian :) 

Quite a few cool options in there Ian :thumbsup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col. said:

Quite a few cool options in there Ian

I totally agree Col.  they are easier to "hide" away from the wife as well, as the boxes are a lot smaller than plane kits 😉

I want to get round to building a car or 2 soon, but they have taken a back seat lately with the Jug, Nato and Grumman builds and the upcoming 50s NATO

I've got a few rally cars in the stash as well, but no Vs unfortunately, unless I stumble across a Lancia Stratos at the right price 🤔

Ian

Edited by Redstaff
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bill.B said:

Col. a question if I may: Will there be another thread started for the build, and/or finished article, or will the requirement be to use this thread? I’ve not done a group build before so I’m curious. Ta. :) 

No problem Bill. If our GB gathers sufficient names to make it into the November vote and then onto the 2020 calendar this thread will first be commuted into the Future GBs section and then, a couple of weekes before the GB starts, move again to form the Chat sub-section of the dedicated Vee-engine Group Build. During all this we can continue our conversations here. When the GB opens for business we each start a new thread within it to show our individual progress. Once our models are finished we then post a few photos in the Gallery thread and from that a poll is form once the GB is finished on which we can all vote for our favourite subjects.

So, to summerise, this thread will move a couple times if all goes well but we start individual threads showing progress of our projects then add finished photos to the Gallery thread of the GB. Hope that makes sense? :wacko:

Edited by Col.

14 hours ago, richellis said:

Put me down, Scania V8

Excellent! Glad to see some alternative subjects coming through for this one :D Even though Vee-engined aircraft are perfectly elligible and the ubiquitous Spitfire and Messerschmitt 109 had the right type of engines there's a whole world of other potential models out there.

I have a whole slew of car kits for this, along w/ some Bf 109, Mustang, & Warhawk aircraft.  But this would be a very tempting reason to break out one of the F-1 kits that are squirreled away.....as I'm not brave enough yet to attempt my GT1 FGT.  If not an F-1, the other most tempting would be either the Opel Astra DTM or the JGTC NSX.  Or maybe the sprint car...  Regardless...it would be some form of motorsport equipment most likely.  🤗

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, helios16v said:

I have a whole slew of car kits for this, along w/ some Bf 109, Mustang, & Warhawk aircraft.  But this would be a very tempting reason to break out one of the F-1 kits that are squirreled away.....as I'm not brave enough yet to attempt my GT1 FGT.  If not an F-1, the other most tempting would be either the Opel Astra DTM or the JGTC NSX.  Or maybe the sprint car...  Regardless...it would be some form of motorsport equipment most likely.  🤗

A great sellection of subjects there Chris :speak_cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Just a simple bump to see if there’s any interest. 

If truth be told I'd given up on this one ever making the required numbers :(  Was hoping the diverse range of available subjects would have attracted a wider interest but it would seem not to be so.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing.  But such is life.

I went ahead and started on w/ the DTM Opel anyways.  😁  The other forum I'm on is currently doing an "A Day At The Races" GB, so the Opel was a perfect fit.

And as a bonus, I just found some decals that are for the current sponsor (Sport Bild) w/o the "Gone in 60 Seconds" mural on the bonnet...especially since the body is already painted.  

• Like 2