KMS Bismarck - Trumpeter 1/700

Hello,

I recently finished the Bismarck at 1/700 scale that I started to build in... February. It took me over 7 months to finish it 😅 even though I stopped building it during several weeks -especially this summer-. This is my first model ship : usually I build planes models, but this time I decided to make a naval one. I found that the Bismarck in its 1941 scheme was interesting.

So before showing you the photos, let me tell you more about the kit and the construction. I guess many of you know a lot about Trumpeter's 1/700  ships range. In my opinion the mould is great, the pieces are well designed and almost fit perfectly to each other. I only had two problems : I had to rework a piece on the upper deck and one of the turbine was skewed. As it's my first naval model I don't know a lot about naval kits in general so I can't compare this one to others.

I have no airbrush, all is made with brushes. I wanted to add antennas by stretching sprue, but it was a total failure. Then I tried some wire but I didn't manage to fix it. So finally I gave up 😆. I don't know much about these techniques and it would be useful for my planes so if you have some tips, if you know good tutorials etc, I'm interested !

My next build will probably be a B-25G Mitchell 1/72 from Italeri, so see you on the aircraft section !

IMG_20181024_115404

IMG_20181024_115821

IMG_20181024_115846

IMG_20181024_115707

IMG_20181024_115415

IMG_20181024_115555

Comments are welcome :bye:

• Like 13

On 24/10/2018 at 16:19, Silenoz said:

Looking really nice...

Handpainted, you wouldn't say. Started at a slow pace with the Revell one in 1/700, with the idea to use it as an exercise to place railings and in case try to do some rigging. With regards to this, I was pointed to this: http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37536

Hello, thanks ! I've read the article from your link. It looks interesting I'll have to take a closer look. :bye:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Well done mate that's a great job you've done there! And I love the white markings you have carried on up the superstructure- with the white card behind it you can see how effective it was at breaking up the ships silhouette and size on perhaps grey and overcast days

I'm like you an armour and plane maker and am just trying out on a 1/700 ship- I've ordered the HMS Campbeltown from Flyhawk and just waiting for it to drop thru my letterbox 

once again well done mate very impressive 😀👍🏽