DRAGON GESCHUTZWAGON 38M fur SIG 33/2 - COMPLETE & RFI

AFTERNOON ALL.......In the process of trying to clean up the backlog of projects in prep for the GB Panzer IV build starting in December (my first :worry:)

Managed to get a matt coat on this one. It will probably over the coming months occasionally have some attention when some suitable stowage of baggage come's along....but it can be considered complete as regards what came in the box.....:yahoo:Kept it a "Plain Jane" finish with general use scratch's and limited mud and dust. 

Tried to take the best pics I could, but my lamp is LED so it tends to tint it with a blue.....so for now they'll have to do.

kLz04Sk.jpg

fyG1n7F.jpg

Q1OstYL.jpg

GuQ99Lt.jpg

GDdH8pL.jpg

vyX6GYq.jpg

hZEyZRY.jpg

OOIkYQA.jpg

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 22

5 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

As always Simon, a lovely job. That ammunition looks superb.

Right, now get on with the Centaur.:D

John.

Thanks John, appreciate your comments.

Don’t talk to me about that Centaur 😖, those decals were a nightmare to get on. Managed it in the end, but I’ll need to have a paint chip here and there...😉thanks for the second set, couldn’t have done it with them, cheers 👍

3 hours ago, Silenoz said:

Splendid work, love the weathering, also on the tools etc... 

Cheers Silenoz....👍......thanks for dropping by for a look

regards

Simon

Hi Soeren. Thanks mate

I suppose 35 years in art and design paid off😉😁......the painting stage now is becoming my fave part, when I was originally enjoying the building stage after many years away from modelling. I think now with all these new products and effects, it does make it real fun to create a used vehicle 

Tgat Panther G is looking good mate....👍. I just dug up from the depths of the AFV project graveyard.....a night fighting Panther by Dragon. I started it back in 2011 or maybe 12. Made a pig’s ear of the paint job with my airbrush (paint too thick😩), so it’s soaking in paint remover at present in a plastic bag...🤓......so I’ll fill my time with that until the group build starts in December for the Panzer IV.....might start a thread on it......see how it looks after stripping 🤔

thanks again Soeren.....really do appreciate you taking a look, and your thumbs up.

Simon

Thanks Gav.......I did some work on the Centaur today after finally getting the bloody decals on the turret..,....I’ll try and post some pics tomorrow and update the thread for you.

thanks again for your positive thumbs up....👍

Simon

Edited by Redcoat2966

12 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Don’t talk to me about that Centaur 😖, those decals were a nightmare to get on. Managed it in the end, but I’ll need to have a paint chip here and there...😉thanks for the second set, couldn’t have done it with them, cheers 👍

Ah, those decals! I spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening putting the decals on my Centaur, and I've just about retained most of my sanity. I thought that I would use the Peddinghaus set because I thought that they would be easier to use. No! They don't seem to want to react to setting solutions, so I went back to the Tamiya set. They went on reasonably well, but I'd shot myself in the foot by adding the lifting lugs and the searchlight before applying the decals. Big mistake. The only way that I could get around that problem was to cut each piece up and fit it like a jigsaw puzzle, so I'm reasonably happy with the result.

John.

Hi johN

Needs for camo on the lips in the decal......but nothing too serious. The Microsol did the job after three applications.....

And yes, I had the same problem on the lifting lugs. I added them after the accident with decals thinking I was just going to paint the Centaur as a basic version- maybe green. Luckily they were still soft when you offered the spare set and I was able to pop them off.....I can’t imagine the extra horror you had with them in place. I still haven’t added the light.....maybe at the end....I’ll only knock it off during weathering😬

thanks again  mate

Simon

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kris B said:

Absolutely l love it. Nice finish.

4 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Superbly done.. 😁.  The interior is absolutely amazing...  The different colour wheel great touch. 😁 

44 minutes ago, Ian said:

Fantastic work, Simon.

Ian.

Thanks chaps......really want to say thank you for taking a look and leaving such high praise......👍👍👍🤓🤓🤓

Simon

Absolutely superb modelling Simon. That is beautifully made, painted and weathered! Excellent. Can't wait to see your build in the Panzer IV - I'm pretty sure you'll be fine in your first GB! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Superb work as always

A masterclass in chipping, most especially on the gun.  Damn your vehicles have some bad luck. Every one of them has lost a wheel at some point!

I suspect you're going to give PlaStix a run for his money for the STGB winner's trophy!

Rearguards

Badder

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2018 at 11:03 PM, Carius said:

Wow, excellent build and finish Simon. Great weathering efeccts :clap2:

Sorry for the delay in replying to you all 🤓

Thanks Carius......tough one in light of the walls being in place.....but did discover some subtle techniques by accident during the frustrated moments getting into the fighting compartment.

thanks again mate👍

On 11/2/2018 at 3:40 PM, PlaStix said:

Absolutely superb modelling Simon. That is beautifully made, painted and weathered! Excellent. Can't wait to see your build in the Panzer IV - I'm pretty sure you'll be fine in your first GB! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi  Stix

Thanks mate.......learnt a lot on this one, slowly perfecting a bristle brush application of chipping.....and yes , looking forward to the GB.....not sure though if I’ll finish by March......but I’ll do my best 😁

On 11/3/2018 at 7:00 AM, bazer said:

Great work love the interior. 

Thanks Bazer....appreciate your comments 👍

15 hours ago, Badder said:

Superb work as always

A masterclass in chipping, most especially on the gun.  Damn your vehicles have some bad luck. Every one of them has lost a wheel at some point!

I suspect you're going to give PlaStix a run for his money for the STGB winner's trophy!

Rearguards

Badder

Yeah.......LOL😁.......they do take a beating......🤓....and I don’t know about giving Stix or anyone a run for their money.....I’m a bit of of a slow coach 😩, but hopefully get the majority done. As soon as the PE set gets here, I’ll have to start a build plan so I’m not faffing around at kick off 😉.....thanks for taking a look mate👍

12 hours ago, AgentG said:

Beautiful work!

G

Cheers G......👍

Thanks everyone and have a good Sunday (at the bench I hope😉)....👍

Simon