Border breakdown

The title is a bit of a work in progress, I'm not sure really what i want to call it but i'm after something snappy, so maybe it's not "Border breakdown" at all.

Anyway, here we are, it's taken about ten months of work, the Academy Fitter kit and the Tamiya M113, the one in very dark green whose box art has several GIs riding on it as in Vietnam. With some scratch building it was converted into a vaiation on a Chata P engineers vehicle.

So there is obviously some Academy and Tamiya, not to mention some Accurate Armour, Meng, Dragon, MilArt and of course some spares box rummaging. Everything is painted in Humbrol enamels and Winsor & Newton Galleria range Acrylic varnishes.

Some photos then:

44619327445_60daf45186_z.jpgUntitled by phil da greek, on Flickr

43716027250_6fbea4a17c_k.jpgUntitled by phil da greek, on Flickr

31660905168_8e5a115396_k.jpgUntitled by phil da greek, on Flickr

31660905238_3b05435296_k.jpgUntitled by phil da greek, on Flickr

43716032990_30fbf9c6a6_k.jpgUntitled by phil da greek, on Flickr

43716033060_174dfdb52d_k.jpgUntitled by phil da greek, on Flickr

31660907848_2d135614c7_k.jpgUntitled by phil da greek, on Flickr

31660908128_1a1e4be3d4_k.jpgUntitled by phil da greek, on Flickr

45533447501_eec7ed7b83_k.jpgUntitled by phil da greek, on Flickr

44807862344_cf90763d61_k.jpgUntitled by phil da greek, on Flickr

And how it will sit on the shelf.

30592504577_f5adb8b9bf_k.jpgUntitled by phil da greek, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, it's probably not the best IDF diorama you'll ever see, but it's quite possibly the best one you'll see today!

• Like 19

Lovely Phil.

Great work on the conversion. A busy, detail-packed scene - certainly draws the eye in and around.

Although, it's all a bit too clean for my liking; I like to see at least a bit of wear and tear, a bit of chipping, dust, sand whatever, (and on the road) but still, sometimes things are very clean.  Nicely displayed in that case as well.

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 11:46 AM, Tommygunn1972 said:

Amazing, i have the Tamiya M113 kit, just about to start it and that is a mighty fine conversion, i wouldn't know where to start.

Great work, really inspiring!

Chris

Thanks, I appreciate the comment. 

I started off getting cheap kits and a ton of plastic card, a straight edge and a good knife. Then with some research material I got stuck in. The earlier results weren't so great.

• Like 1

While the modelling is great I'm struggling to understand what is happening.  If the fitters vehicle is broken down what is wrong?  If its the engine not running as suggested by apparently trying to add fuel to the tank then how are they using the Hiab crane which is hydraulically powered via a PYO pump from the engine?

20 hours ago, dcrfan said:

While the modelling is great I'm struggling to understand what is happening.  If the fitters vehicle is broken down what is wrong?  If its the engine not running as suggested by apparently trying to add fuel to the tank then how are they using the Hiab crane which is hydraulically powered via a PYO pump from the engine?

I think you might be overthinking the situation.

• 2 weeks later...