This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Spookytooth

Just When I Thought Things Were Going Well !!!!

Yep, life....

Having got over the Big C hopefully, and trying my best to keep healthy, losing weight, packing in smoking , my heart problem a arisen its head yet again.

After a routine appointment at the hospital to see the Cardio Dr`s , they discovered that I have gone back into AF again!!!!

Bummer, more drugs and a cardio inversion on the horizon.

I have had the procedure done before, so no worries there, but it is not the type of stress I/we need .

My good wife Rose has her own problems to deal with , let alone this popping up.

But on the bright side, I can still build models though.

I will post an update once and when I have the procedure done, probably in a months time, depending on the waiting list.

Simon.

swearing removed Sorry to hear this latest one. Hope that it all goes well for both of you.

John.

On 23/10/2018 at 21:51, Bullbasket said:

John.

Thanks John, I have had the heart problem since 96, it was worse back then.

They ended up fitting me with an ICD, a cruise control for my heart in lay man terms.

Then back in 2006 they said that I did not need it, ( I had broken a wire to this one, like the one previous, ooops) LOL.

Still, thats life I suppose.

Simon.

Well, Simon, good luck with that.  I know about AF but won’t go into it as I’m just a little superstitious about mentioning things out loud.  My GP said health issues seem to come in queues as we age and boy was he right.

Really, best of luck.

Dennis

Aye best of luck from me too Simon. Sometimes life does seem 'out to get us' at times don't it? 

3 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

I have had the heart problem since 96,

How old are you now then? 😊

Hope you smiled there.

Here's hoping that all turns out well for both of you.

rdq9tWb.jpgHi ,bugger ,don't know what else to say .

Yes i do  ,  on Saturday i went out for a short spin on my Honda VFR750 ,only about 7 miles,i care for my twin brother so i can't go far .Got one of those cameras that send live feed to a mobile .

Got home ok and when i was doing a 1001 mini 3 point turns to try and get it faring the gate ready for another spin ,,,,i slipped and the bike fell on top of me 😥

Had to get my brother to help pick it up ,anyway i have broke my left wrist ,in a case and can't drive 😥.In a cast for 6 weeks ,i had arranged some respite for the 9 to 11 Nov so i could go to Telford ,had to cancel

That.Above is the bike ,my niece thinks it is so funny i dropped the bike .Only funny thing about it ,there was a woman in A&E with a broke wrist and shoulder ,she said !I See You Have Done The Same As Me " ,i replied "Did you drop your your bike as well ?"😁Anyway have a laugh at my expense .

Spoiler

😞😞

Sorry to hear about that, mate! Best of luck, Simon - you'll get over this 👍🏻

Take my bestest to Lady Rose too.

Ciao

3 hours ago, Scimitar said:

How old are you now then? 😊

Hope you smiled there.

Here's hoping that all turns out well for both of you.

Cheeky B****r , I am not that old LOL

I was 35 back then.

A smiling Simon.

Sad to hear the problems are back Simon but chin up Sir, they'll sort you out (soonish).

Best wishes to you and Lady Rose :) 

Life can be a bugger sometimes. Hang in there Simon, we're all on your side & hoping for the best of outcomes. Stay strong mate.

Steve'

Good luck with the Op buddy, I had cryogenic ablation 2 years ago for my AF so I know what you are going through. It fixed my AF, not a nice procedure to endure at all and something I’d rather not go through again. Fingers crossed for you.

Dan 

Sorry to hear you have had further problems. Hope they can sort the AF out. I have hypertension and had a stroke and just been for the first part of my annual review and so far OK, but I know these long term conditions can be a worry. 

Sorry to hear of your health problems Simon.

All the best for your recovery.

Neil. 

Thanks for the replies lads.

Just one of those things, we get older and things start to go tits up LOL.

At least we can laugh about it.

Simon.

The only consolation is that at least it was spotted and is being treated. My late Father was 'never sick a day in his life' until his last. Clearly he had heart problems long before that. He died before his time. 

I'm only 7 years from the age he died now but firmly in the clutches of the medical professionals. So hopefully I can outlast him. Plus I never smoked.

Best wishes!

On another point, cocky05's plight is amusing. As a long standing biker, former biker I should say. I would love a bike again but as a 58 year old with two pre teen boys I can't afford to get killed which inevitably would happen if I give in to my urges because I was an brain off hooligan on bikes and have no reason to think I've changed. I nearly died about once a month in my heyday.

But like cocky though my worst accident was in my garden ignoring the time I fell off just outside RAF Mona and broke a thumb just off the Dublin ferry on an ill starred attempt to get to the Farnborough airshow. 

No I managed to get myself crushed between my Yamaha and the garden wall after skidding on mud  at precisely 0 MPH. The legacy is a numb spot on my upper leg.

Moral of the story, gardens are dangerous to bikers!

Hello Simon,

My apologies for not writing here earlier; I’ve been tangled up with, as a few others have mentioned, the ‘queue’ of health issues too. 🤕 

I hope that they can fix you up soon and that you will start to feel better, especially a bit better in time for Christmas.

At least we’ve got our models, books, TV and one thing I’ve learned, we’ve got really good friends here on Britmodeller.

Keep us updated when you can Simon

All the best of British 👍 

TonyT

1 minute ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Hello Simon,

My apologies for not writing here earlier; I’ve been tangled up with, as a few others have mentioned, the ‘queue’ of health issues too. 🤕 

I hope that they can fix you up soon and that you will start to feel better, especially a bit better in time for Christmas.

At least we’ve got our models, books, TV and one thing I’ve learned, we’ve got really good friends here on Britmodeller.

Keep us updated when you can Simon

All the best of British 👍 

TonyT

Cheers TonyT , as I speak, I am still waiting for a cardio inversion but have had no date yet.

Take of yourself mate.

Simon.

On 10/28/2018 at 7:07 PM, noelh said:

The only consolation is that at least it was spotted and is being treated. My late Father was 'never sick a day in his life' until his last. Clearly he had heart problems long before that. He died before his time. 

I'm only 7 years from the age he died now but firmly in the clutches of the medical professionals. So hopefully I can outlast him. Plus I never smoked.

Best wishes!

On another point, cocky05's plight is amusing. As a long standing biker, former biker I should say. I would love a bike again but as a 58 year old with two pre teen boys I can't afford to get killed which inevitably would happen if I give in to my urges because I was an brain off hooligan on bikes and have no reason to think I've changed. I nearly died about once a month in my heyday.

But like cocky though my worst accident was in my garden ignoring the time I fell off just outside RAF Mona and broke a thumb just off the Dublin ferry on an ill starred attempt to get to the Farnborough airshow. 

No I managed to get myself crushed between my Yamaha and the garden wall after skidding on mud  at precisely 0 MPH. The legacy is a numb spot on my upper leg.

Moral of the story, gardens are dangerous to bikers!

Hi ,i spent 1988 to97 as a motorbike courier in London ,got dragged off to hospital three times ,but had no serious injuries .Anyway had the cast off yesterday ,wrist still swollen and a bit stiff and hurts some times .

Got to go for physo some time ,at the moment i am squeezing a lump of blue tac .

Used my credit card to get two Suzuki SC650 's ,hoping they along with the VFR750 will increase in value ,got a multi bike policy with limited annual mileage of 1000 on each bike .

Oh hell. Sorry for not noticing this earlier. Hope you’re ok kid. 😥

John.

Well folks, I finally got a date through for my cardio-inversion.

2nd April is the date, hopefully this should restore my heart rhythm back to normal, but there is no guarantee  about this.

Til then

Simon.

Best of luck Simon.

John.

Yes, best of luck from mee too, mate!

Ciao

Take care there Simon hope all goes well with the operation 

Best Wishes to you and your good lady Rose 

Keith 

Positive vibes, Man. All the best. See you the other side of the op.