wishes for aircraft kits

Alex SZ1996

i couldnt find a discussion on this topic, so i thought i would make one.

is there a particular aircraft you would want se as a kit, or a new tool?

my most wanted is a Su-30 two seater with carnards, prefered with russian markings. in scale 1:48.

su30.jpg

a Mig-35 two seater would also be neat, in scale 1:48 (or an Mig-29M2, not too sure of the differneces).

mig35.jpg

this one is more of an bonus. Su-37 also in scale 1:48. the Su-33 is very similar, but i could se myself get an Su-37 if it should come out as a nice kit.

su37.jpg

also kind of a bonus one. Su-57 in 1:48. im not totally sold on this F-22 lookalike, but the camo looks fancy.

su57.jpg

10 hours ago, Alex SZ1996 said:

my most wanted is a Su-30 two seater with carnards, prefered with russian markings. in scale 1:48.

So, I'm guessing by your wish list photos, Alex that a 1/72 Spitfire Mk Vc is not high on your "wants" list? (I'm just sayin'!) 😁

Mike

• Haha 2

New tool 1/72 injection kits from my wants list are (top ~30):

• pre-WW2: Farman MF.11 and F.40, Caudron G.III and HD.14, Salmson II, Potez XXV, Albatros B.II and C.III, DFW C.V, Rumpler C.I and C.IV, LVG C.V and Polikarpov R-5, 
  • WW2 era: Cessna C-78, Beech AT-10, Curtiss C-46, Vickers Warwick, Miles Master, Beaufighter Mk.II, Mosquito XVI/XXX, Macchi C.202, Tachikawa Ki-9, Mitsubishi G4M1, 
  • post-WW2: Cessna L-19, Grumman F9F-6, Republic F-84F, Sikorsky MH-60S, MiG-17A, -19S and -21PFM, Yak-12M, Avro Lincoln and Anson C.19, DH Venom,   

Cheers

Michael

9 hours ago, Wafu said:

looks nice, just the wrong scale for me.

9 hours ago, chris57 said:

Alex If you go on down to General Discussion there is a sub forum for members wish list. hth, if you could just change the scale. cheers Chris

im thinking of kits that is not made, or have old out of date molds that would benefit greatly from a new tool.

4 hours ago, 72modeler said:

So, I'm guessing by your wish list photos, Alex that a 1/72 Spitfire Mk Vc is not high on your "wants" list? (I'm just sayin'!) 😁

Mike

obviously not. im not that into WW2 planes, but i do find appeal in some of them, and i have build a few before. but i think jet planes are cooler.

Edited by Alex SZ1996
  • Like 1

I would love Revell to do a brand new C-130 Hercules of the same quality as their Transall and Atlas,........ imagine the endless schemes and possibilities!!!

hercules low level gulf

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 4

On 25/10/2018 at 19:31, tonyot said:

I would love Revell to do a brand new C-130 Hercules of the same quality as their Transall and Atlas,........ imagine the endless schemes and possibilities!!!

I'd get one just so I can do it in the Danish scheme on an old Modeldecal sheet I have.  Spent too much time in the back of a RAF one to want to make one.

My wants, simple:

1/72nd

Venom FB.1/4

F-84F Thunderstreak

Lightning F.1/3

Canberra B.2/6

MiG-17F Fresco C

MiG-19S/Shenyang F-6

Hunter F.1/4

Hunter T.7

F-86E Sabre - Slat Wing

F-86A Sabre

Harvard IIB

Meteor F.8

Edited by Wez
Extra stuff added
  • Like 3

So many to list.......off the top of my head:

Interwar types.

S.A. Pioneer.

S.A. Twin Pioneer.

Andover.

Botha.

Tiger Moth.

These are some that I would like to see.........all in 48th.

For a long time I wanted a B-45 Tornado, that has been released not too long ago. 

I would still love a 1/72 Avro Lincoln and I could be tempted by a 1/72 Avro Vulcan with conventional bombs and the shrikes as per Black Buck. I have a 1/200 scale which is quite nice but I have a thing for bomb bays!

Big ask/wish but Revell could also re-pop the Breguet Atlantic. 

Edited by Morlock

7 hours ago, tonyot said:

The fact that it’s 2018 and the only 1/72 C-130 kits we still have are the 45 year old Airfix and the nearly 40 year old Italeri kits is simply astounding.  

A new, CAD designed, modular C-130 family with the ability to add or subtract parts to get everything from a Roman nose C-130A to the latest C-130J would be a kit that could be produced from now ‘till doomsday.

• Like 2

I'd like the following, all in 1/72 scale. Naturally.

F-5E. A halfway decent, modern kit of an aeroplane that flew with a huge range of colour schemes.

Junkers Ju 88A-1

Spitfire Vc. I am aware of the Sword and KP kits, but I think there could be better, cheaper.

F-4C/D. And before anyone shouts "Hasegawa!" you try finding one, let alone at a sensible price. Plus I don't think they're as good as they could be.

Straight-winged Lightnings. I wasn't far off buying the Sword kits, but having read about the length issues and the shonky nose, it looks like it's going to be the expensive route, using the Airfix kit and the Alley Cat conversion.

A.W. Siskin IIIC

Miles Gemini

Miles Falcon

An F-101A that actually is an F-101A

Buccaneer S.2

F-86A

Fw 190D series

Avro York

Beaufort

Venom FB.1/4

Scimitar

Hunter (early versions)

That should keep me busy for a while!

Cheers,

Mark.

The lack of a new-tool 1:72 C-130 in the last 40 years is an ongoing mystery of the universe. If we get one, I would think it most likely from Modelcollect or Trumpeter. I'm sure the rivet guys shudder at the thought of a Trumpeter one, but they do have lots of experience with larger models. I don't see Revell investing in the tooling any time soon given their recent financial issues. Airfix is always a (somewhat remote) possibility. I think the main thing preventing a kitmaker from investing in the tooling for a C-130 is the fact that virtually every 1:72 modeller on the planet probably has at least one ESCI or Italeri version in the stash. That, given the price a modern C-130 would go for, is probably enough to keep some people from buying the kit even if it was available. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Straight-winged Lightnings. I wasn't far off buying the Sword kits, but having read about the length issues and the shonky nose, it looks like it's going to be the expensive route, using the Airfix kit and the Alley Cat conversion.

Only with the trainer variants, AFAIK

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Procopius said:

Only with the trainer variants, AFAIK

Ok, that's interesting! I think a little more reading is necessary.......

Cheers,

Mark.

p.s. I'm kinda tempted to let the issue on the T.4/5 variants slide, as it's not exactly like there's any other choice. (That I know of.)

Edit: having just found your work in progress from a few years back and the travails within, I might just stick with my original and somewhat more expensive plan! I got the sneaking suspicion that you didn't enjoy that build one bit.

Edited by lasermonkey

1/48 Hampden (I know Fonderie Miniatures have done it, but that that's classed as a cruel and unusual punishment, not a kit)

1/48 Pretty much anything Luft 46 (or RAF 46 if there is such a thing) the quirkier the better ( I love weird wingy things).

1/24 Me 262 A-1 (Come on Airfix! Be the first and make loads of dosh)

1/24 DH.88 Comet (:heart:)

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:52 AM, Sonoran said:

The fact that it’s 2018 and the only 1/72 C-130 kits we still have are the 45 year old Airfix and the nearly 40 year old Italeri kits is simply astounding.  

A new, CAD designed, modular C-130 family with the ability to add or subtract parts to get everything from a Roman nose C-130A to the latest C-130J would be a kit that could be produced from now ‘till doomsday.

If you keep your eyes peeled at shows you might be lucky with the Roman nose. DB productions produced one when Noah built the arc, I know I have a couple waiting for a Togolese C-130. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

How about a Fiat G-91 1/48 to finally replace the old Esci moulds???

People mention the C-130 Hercules in 1/72 but I’ll toss the 1/48 version also. Either scale it would be a winner ( I mean there are people with firm intentions of purchasing not 1 but 2 Lancaster in 1/32, so space and money should not be an issue to good sales performance of the Hercules...lot more interesting if you ask me, from a modeling  point of view)

• Mike locked this topic