Jump to content

As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Alex1978

BOEING 727-200 ANSETT AUSTRALIA , HASEGAWA 1/200

Recommended Posts

Between my renovation projects and other builds, I decided to do something easy.

Hasegawas 1/200 LoveLiners are a perfect diversion from nerve shredding projects...

 

Built straight out of the box,Hasegawa's Boeing 727 kit is still one of the best ones there is.

Despite being in the tiny 1/200 scale, its probably the most accurate representation of this famous classic that is available as a plastic moulded kit.

The fit is also perfect and adds for a fun and quick build.

 

Painted with Revell and Testors enamels.

 

Hope you like it

 

20181022-175240.jpg

 

20181022-175230.jpg

 

20181022-175251.jpg

 

20181022-175309.jpg

 

20181022-175317.jpg

 

For better viewing,Hasegawa provides a display stand,this way its also possible to place more models in the vitrine....

 

20181022-175349.jpg

Edited by Alex1978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my all time favourite Love Liner kits. You've made a great job of this one. 

 

Its hard to believe that this is still the most accurate injection moulded model of the 727. Surely some model company should see this as a huge opportunity?

 

Jeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like this one! 1/200 scale is getting pretty small to enjoy the true detail of the airplane. But you have done very well here, and Hasegawa provides a great foundation for a fine model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

One of my all time favourite Love Liner kits. You've made a great job of this one. 

 

Its hard to believe that this is still the most accurate injection moulded model of the 727. Surely some model company should see this as a huge opportunity?

 

Jeff

Thank you hery much Jeff.

I hope there would be a new kit in 1/144 that does this classic Trijet justice.

Authentic Airliners does a wonderful resin one but a new injection moulded kit would be much appreciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

Really like this one! 1/200 scale is getting pretty small to enjoy the true detail of the airplane. But you have done very well here, and Hasegawa provides a great foundation for a fine model.

Thank you very much.

Its a pity that Hasegawa almost stopped their 1/200 airliner range.Back in the 80s and 90s they had a great variety of airliners available,some of which are still the best recreations of the real thing,like the DC-10 or their Boeing 747-400 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little beauty for sure. I loved the old Ansett. 'shooting star' livery. Very classy. (Designed by Landor IIRC)

It made the contemporary TAA 'camel hump' scheme look quite crude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sorry I never bought any of the Hasegawa Loveliners. There's been many a time when I could have done with a "Quick and Easy" build.

 

Simple scheme on your 727 but well executed. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

 

mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great looking seven-twenty there - looks smashing and just as Hasegawa intended it to look - you got lucky with the decals given their age. As much as I love building a 1/144 civil, there is something particularly special about Hasegawa's LoveLiner200 range that makes them all one of my all-time favourites. Its a shame Hasegawa have chosen not to expand their range away from JAL/ANA liveries on the later releases, or re-issued their classics like the L1011, 747-100/200 and 300 range.

 

I confess to presently stocking up as much as I can on these little 1/200 treasures when going cheap on ebay. I am also having a massive long standing decal battle with this bitch - all the big decals fell apart as soon as they touched water and I have spent weeks piecing them back together in miniscule tiny pieces - the tail fin decal was a write off so I had to improvise with my own masking for the fin and logo - I am still working up front on the nose and whale belly sections as those decals were too far damaged to even bother soaking them in water to start with - the joys of buying a 2nd hand kit that dates back to 1993 I guess... It does not show but every decal on this -400D is comprised of about 50 tiny pieces

 

20181021_091044

 

I hope to see another 1/200 from you again soon - John

(I'll let you guess what those half made 1/144 RR Trent 1000's belong to that are also in the picture)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mitchem said:

So sorry I never bought any of the Hasegawa Loveliners. There's been many a time when I could have done with a "Quick and Easy" build.

 

Simple scheme on your 727 but well executed. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

 

mike

Thank you very much Mike.

 

Some are still to be found on ebay or other sites,sometimes to really reasonable prices.

I have still a big pile of Hasegawa LoveLiners waiting to be built.

They are always a nice destraction from more time consuming builds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

Great looking seven-twenty there - looks smashing and just as Hasegawa intended it to look - you got lucky with the decals given their age. As much as I love building a 1/144 civil, there is something particularly special about Hasegawa's LoveLiner200 range that makes them all one of my all-time favourites. Its a shame Hasegawa have chosen not to expand their range away from JAL/ANA liveries on the later releases, or re-issued their classics like the L1011, 747-100/200 and 300 range.

 

I confess to presently stocking up as much as I can on these little 1/200 treasures when going cheap on ebay. I am also having a massive long standing decal battle with this bitch - all the big decals fell apart as soon as they touched water and I have spent weeks piecing them back together in miniscule tiny pieces - the tail fin decal was a write off so I had to improvise with my own masking for the fin and logo - I am still working up front on the nose and whale belly sections as those decals were too far damaged to even bother soaking them in water to start with - the joys of buying a 2nd hand kit that dates back to 1993 I guess... It does not show but every decal on this -400D is comprised of about 50 tiny pieces

 

20181021_091044

 

I hope to see another 1/200 from you again soon - John

(I'll let you guess what those half made 1/144 RR Trent 1000's belong to that are also in the picture)

Thank you very much.

 

Yes,its always like a hit and miss game with those older Hasegawa decals.

The Ansett decals were about 30 years old and went on surprisingly well.I had to soak them in the water for a very long time although to get them off the backing paper.

 

I have a large number of those kits in my stash.

The ANA whale Jumbo I built back in '93 as a schoolboy but the model is long gone.

I am still looking for an affordable one to redo it again properly.

 

Sad to hear about your problems with this one but as I can see,it looks great already and its nice that you push on with it.

 

(The engines could be 777 or Dreamliner ones ?) 

I stay tuned for the pics of them hanging under the wings of the finished products 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good old Ansett. Haven't seen that for along time. That was a sad moment in Australian airline history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta love a LoveLiner Alex!

And this is another lovely example, thanks for sharing. 

Cheers,

Ian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:16 PM, Alex1978 said:

Thank you very much.

 

Yes,its always like a hit and miss game with those older Hasegawa decals.

The Ansett decals were about 30 years old and went on surprisingly well.I had to soak them in the water for a very long time although to get them off the backing paper.

 

I have a large number of those kits in my stash.

The ANA whale Jumbo I built back in '93 as a schoolboy but the model is long gone.

I am still looking for an affordable one to redo it again properly.

 

Sad to hear about your problems with this one but as I can see,it looks great already and its nice that you push on with it.

 

(The engines could be 777 or Dreamliner ones ?) 

I stay tuned for the pics of them hanging under the wings of the finished products 😉

Hi Alex

 

That pair of 1/144 rollers belong to a BA 787-8 and a Virgin 787-9 that are on the production line this month. I picked up another Whale belly 747 on ebay last week on the cheap - keep looking as they do pop up from time to time. I've also just got my hands on the original BA negus livery L1011 too much to my delight as my dad was flying these when the kit was first released.

 

looking forward to seeing more from you again soon

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

Hi Alex

 

That pair of 1/144 rollers belong to a BA 787-8 and a Virgin 787-9 that are on the production line this month. I picked up another Whale belly 747 on ebay last week on the cheap - keep looking as they do pop up from time to time. I've also just got my hands on the original BA negus livery L1011 too much to my delight as my dad was flying these when the kit was first released.

 

looking forward to seeing more from you again soon

 

John

Thats a nice pair of Dreamliners then.

The Virgin livery is very stylish and suits the 787 well.

 

I try to keep my assembly line busy,one is due to be finished soon.Then it will be a while before others are done. 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...