BOEING 707 LUFTHANSA , REVELL 1/144

Revell's Boeing 707 kit has also many decades on its shoulders and had countless re-releases over the years.

It represents more a 707-100 but Revell marketed it as AWACS,Air Tanker and in various Airline markings that are mostly 707-300 versions.

They even released it as a United Boeing 720 !

Despite that,it is a nice little kit that can build up into a model that looks like a 707,although the fit is not the best.

The worst part are the wing halves.For some unknown reason,Revell decided to split the wings right through the flaps which makes it very difficult to fill and sand the seam without erasing the engraved lines.

For my build I used the AWACS kit,as I was unable to find the original Lufthansa boxing for a reasonable price.

I wanted to build it in the Lufthansa scheme as a childhood reminder of mine.

The Revell 707 was amongst my very first attempts as a kid in airliner modelling.The result was less than stellar but I had lots of joyful playtime with it back then.

This time of course,I wanted to build it properly,so that the Revell Lufthansa 707 will finally find its deseved place in my collection.

Its very difficult to find decal sets that actually match the Revell kit,and in my strive to rebuild it mostly out of the box,I had to find an original Revell Lufthansa decal set.

Luckily I was able to track an almost pristine set down on ebay.

The cabin windows are printed on the blu stripe but they are not very straight aligned.I used new windows from a 707 detail set that i had to apply individually to cover the kits ones.

The cabin doors are taken from an Airfix 727 set and the rest comes from the detail set or spares.

Painted entirely with Revell enamels,

Enjoy

20181022-175955.jpg

20181022-175939.jpg

20181022-175919.jpg

20181022-175829.jpg

20181022-175849.jpg

Edited by Alex1978
  • Like 30

21 hours ago, Unfinished project said:

You are spoiling us with all this heavy metal. It must be like Heathrow Airport around your workbench. 

Yes,its really crowded there,thats why I had to be busy to get some part finished kits off the assambly line.New projects already waiting 😉

Hi Alex,

That's a beautiful finish you've achieved again! 

As others have mentioned it really is a classic livery and suits any airliner of the period.

I, too, have revisited my childhood models and built them properly this time! It's a great exercise in bringing back loads of memories!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1