BOEING 737 LUFTHANSA ,HELLER 1/125

I received this kit for free from a very nice seller on a Swiss auction platform,who also got it together with a kit lot

Its a very old Heller kit in the rather unusual scale of 1/125,which makes it unmatchable to the usual 1/144 airliners,except if one has some more Heller kits in that scale.

The kit itself is very nice,pretty accurate in its overall appearance.

Sadly it has become quite hard to find and Heller seems to have no plans in a re-issue like they did with their DC-10 and the supperb 1/72 Boeing 707.

It was already part started and that not very proffessional.

One fuselage halve had some metal balls glued in as ballance,but too much glue had been used which resulted in a badly warped part.

So another kit-rescue operation was on...

First step was to get rid of those metal balls which was problematic due to the heavy use of glue.

I finally succeeded,but not without leaving a hole in the fuselage...

This problem was solved by glueing in a plastic sheet and fill the hole with superglue.

On the outside I also glued on some plastic sheet and with carefully applied putty and some sanding I was able to repair the damaged area.

Due to the sanding,the door panellines had to be re-scribed.

The biggest problem was now to get those fuselage halves together as the problematic one was very badly warped...after cursing and bad language,I succeeded in the end.

The rest of the build was then straight forward and the only thing that had to be done was the APU,the kit has none.

All of the Lufthansa scheme was airbrushed and only the tail logo and registration comes from the kits decals.

The rest was taken from my spares box and the windows come from a 1/125 Boeing 727 detail set from DRAW Decals.

Paints used for this build:

Revell gloss white 04

Testors Aircraft gray

Testors Metallics

Tamyia Metallic Grey for the Coroguard areas

I am very happy with the outcome and that I was able to rescue it as it is a very nice little airliner kit.

I still have 2 unstarted kits in my stash and I am looking forward on building them.

I hope you like the little Boeing

20181022-174400.jpg

20181022-174350.jpg

20181022-174325.jpg

20181022-174309.jpg

20181011-190545.jpg

20180819-193752.jpg

20180819-193717.jpg

20180819-193703.jpg

20180819-193653.jpg

20180819-193630.jpg

Edited by Alex1978
  • Like 23

Brought back memories of all of the Lufthansa Airfix 737s that have passed through my hands over the decades....

Unfortunately, very few of them made it through the production line, and those that did, ended up in other schemes.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

mike

• Like 1

On 27/10/2018 at 21:49, Turbofan said:

Hi Alex,

This one's great too! You certainly have had a busy summer and must have caught up with all your part-time now, I wish I could clear my bench!

Looking forward to what's next!

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you Ian.

The next,and for the moment,last one coming off my assembly line will be a Revell DC-8-61 converted to a -63 with resin engines in Flying Tigers livery.

A DC-8-50 from Revell in Eastern Airlines colours is already finished and somewhere in the RFI section since last week