CONCORDE BRITISH AIRWAYS/SINGAPORE AIRLINES HYBRID,REVELL 1/144

This is the very nice Revell kit of the Concorde,that has been around for ages now and it still is available.

I built already one and enjoyed it very much.

When I came across this decal set from 26,I decided to buy another kit and have a go.

British Airways and Singapore Airlines co-operated on the London-Bahrain-Singapore route and thus one of BAs Concordes wore that hybrid scheme.

As only BA and Air France operated the Concorde,this scheme is a nice change and addition for my supersonic collection

Enjoy

20181022-180300.jpg

20181022-180247.jpg

20181022-180309.jpg

20181022-180323.jpg

20181022-180333.jpg

20181022-180345.jpg

And with "Something else"...the famous Air France Pepsi Concorde

20181022-180425.jpg

20181022-180413.jpg

Edited by Alex1978
  • Like 26

I agree with Gazza, the BA livery is by far the best for Concorde, the two fit together like hand and glove. The Pepsi scheme is very Americana like (read brash!)and not suited to an elegant bird like Concorde. Anyway, as usual you’ve done a cracking job of both kits.  👍

Edited by Bill.B
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill.B said:

I agree with Gazza, the BA livery is by far the best for Concorde, the two fit together like hand and glove. The Pepsi scheme is very Americana like (read brash!)and not suited to an elegant bird like Concorde. Anyway, as usual you’ve done a cracking job of both kits.  👍

Thank you very much.

I agree.The BA livery suits the Concorde very well.

But I also like special schemes on airliners and that "Supersonic Pepsi can" is(was) something very special. 😉

oh wow - such great looking Concordes - beautifully bringing back to life the supersonic days of jet travel from both BA and AF. I sat on the skippers seat of G-BOAD a month back when in NY - it felt like sitting on the throne of England to me....

I am going to try and hunt down the Revel 1/72 Concorde you mention as I am keen to see what you did with the visor (Mr Braz told me recently he is intending to release a 1/72 correction kit for the nose/visor and engines for this kit next year)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

oh wow - such great looking Concordes - beautifully bringing back to life the supersonic days of jet travel from both BA and AF. I sat on the skippers seat of G-BOAD a month back when in NY - it felt like sitting on the throne of England to me....

I am going to try and hunt down the Revel 1/72 Concorde you mention as I am keen to see what you did with the visor (Mr Braz told me recently he is intending to release a 1/72 correction kit for the nose/visor and engines for this kit next year)

Thank you very much.

Yes those days are very much missed when the Concorde was around.

You were indeed very lucky.The closest I came to the Concorde was in '98  at the 50 years anniversary of Zurich airport,where she made a one hour visit and when it was allowed to make a walkaround.

Very impressive and very loud takeoff later on.We were staying right at the runway when she left.Great memories

Thank you for mentioning the Braz news.

I might be tempted in getting another one of those and do the speedbird livery 

On 27/10/2018 at 21:37, Turbofan said:

Hi Alex,

Great to see this hybrid combo, in my opinion these were the two best Concorde liveries, the BA and Singapore I mean (don't like the Pepsi gimmick one😠) nice model of it though Alex!

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you Ian,

I see,the Pepsi livery is not to everyones liking...

I thought it looked cool though and it gave an excuse to build one more Concorde as there are not that many liveries to choose from... 😉

The Speedbird livery is still missing in my collection,might get me another 1/72 kit ,and then I am done...Prototype is waiting in my stash 

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, danfisher13 said:

Looks beautiful I have started a new Concorde build my self I have acquired some Pepsi decals from a friend. Question for anyone what shade of blue was used on the fuselage ? 

I built a Concorde in the Pepsi Livery about 20 years ago, I think I used Testors Ford/GM Engine Blue. I might have lightened it a little. BTW I still have the model in my display case.

• Thanks 1

Hi Alex

Looks like I missed this pair the first time around.

I've recently read  "Concorde Supersonic Legend" from Key Publishing.  The BA / Singapore dual livery caught my eye, especially as that was one of the aircraft operated between Washington and Dallas by Braniff in 1979/80 (when of course it was re-registered as G-N94AD).  Dual livery / dual registration would make a very interesting model.

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I built a Concorde in the Pepsi Livery about 20 years ago, I think I used Testors Ford/GM Engine Blue. I might have lightened it a little. BTW I still have the model in my display case.

Hi I was thinking of using vallejo French blue. Thoughts? 

2 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

5 hours ago, danfisher13 said:

I used Revell blue 54 with a few drops of Revell gloss white 4 to match the blue on the decal