Wraiths and Reapers

Hi all,

I just finished another couple of ghost units for my (small) army of same. These are from the Games Workshop Soul Wars starter set, so they're relatively simple two- or three-piece models in fixed poses. Despite that I think they're rather well-sculpted.

30541053747_8867ce7963_b.jpg

(click for bigger/more pics)

The smaller ones in the front are Glaivewrath Stalkers, apparently an unholy combination of huntsmen and their steeds. They're incredibly easy to paint, with an airbrushed blend of Tamiya to start off the ectoplasmic stuff, and then Citadel acrylics to build up the highlights and paint everything else.

44756040284_1efc278e9d_b.jpg

30541057167_ea3358f724_b.jpg

The ones in the back are Grimghast Reapers, appropriately armed with scythes and a great big bell. They were a bit more work just because there are more details on them like that little piece of red trim around the robe.

31607263968_abaa718878_b.jpg

45429728722_af4e4ec29e_b.jpg

I made them a nice cemetery to hang around in, which came out quite well for the five days it took, but could do with some additional details now the time pressure is off:

45283018362_3041cbe16f_b.jpg

44419583435_33d768ff70_b.jpg

I've got an ongoing thread in the work-in-progress section which I'll update when I continue on the character models:

Army of Ghosts

Thanks for looking!

Will 

• Like 14

Thanks! They're quite cheap if you get the clip-together ones in boxes of four, or the smallest starter set which has those plus some Stormcast for about the same price as the ghosts on their own.

Will

Many thanks! I'm still learning but I like the exercise :) I think I need to try a different style though - something more dramatic - as these figures aren't quite as spooky as I'd hoped when I started.

But that'll probably be on a one-off-thing?

Will