My first ever ship diorama, it's an Hunt Destroyer recovering an Hurricane pilot.

The model is in 1/700 scale from the company IBG models, some photo etched were already included in the kit, this is my second ship built and the first with photo etches. Next I gotta learn rigging!

mR5yxnl.jpg

The waves are made with DAS clat, then airbrushed and covered in vallejo water effect with some cotton near the ship.

SQDQyAD.jpg

Hope you like it.

• Like 35

For a first ship diorama that's excellent. The sheen is spot on.  So I hope you don't mind me making a couple of suggestions for your future dioramas.  The first might be to soften the colour a little.  In 32 years in the Navy, most of it spent in the North Atlantic, I've never seen the sea that blue.  It tends to more greenish-grey tending to a darker blue the further south you go.  And the wave crests are perhaps a little too close together.  But as I said, for a first seascape that isreally good and something you can be proud of.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 1:12 PM, Chewbacca said:

For a first ship diorama that's excellent. The sheen is spot on.  So I hope you don't mind me making a couple of suggestions for your future dioramas.  The first might be to soften the colour a little.  In 32 years in the Navy, most of it spent in the North Atlantic, I've never seen the sea that blue.  It tends to more greenish-grey tending to a darker blue the further south you go.  And the wave crests are perhaps a little too close together.  But as I said, for a first seascape that isreally good and something you can be proud of.

I am happy you liked my dio and thanks for the suggestions!

I live by the seaside of the Mediterrenean, I mixed blue and dark grey trying to make a cruel dark grey sea. Then I saw some photos of dios set in the Pacific Ocean and the light blue influenced me.

I also got the ships colours wrong (probably the blue it's too light).

• 3 weeks later...