Farmers and firearms.

HerdOfPigs

Good evening chaps. I’m currently in the process of building a diorama which consists of a walkway, lofted above a flooded pigpen wherein the pigs have drowned. From the walkways, I want severs farmers to be shooting down into the mass but I can’t find any suitable 1/32 scale figures to do the job. I’m semi resigned to making my own but I thought I’d check first, if anyone had any suggestions of models which might suit. I’m essentially wanting a gauge 1 farmer with a gun.

Have you looked at the Presier range? There may be something there, even if it takes a bit of limb repositioning. You'll most likely have to scratch build the guns anyway, unless your farmers all have WW2 weapons. (Seeing as 1/32 figures with guns are almost certainly 100% WW2 military...)

Hello.

If I remember right, Mini Art produce a generic WW2 European civilians set, which - with the right painting and modification - could pass for a 1940's farmer. If memory serves me right, the set consists of an adult male, adult female and two kids (so there's a lot in there that wouldn't be very relevant to your quest). 

Hope this is of some help. 

Are Britanes (almost certainly NOT the correct spelling) still around? Surely they did some farmer figures in the right scale...?

Chris. 

The MiniArt stuff is 1/35, so they'll be a bit small for 1/32. May be usable though.

I doubt that you'll find anything suitable out of the box- I'd be rummaging through the Prieser range with an eye to easily converted figures; it's what I intend to do for a 1/72 diorama that I have planned.

Thanks chaps. 

Britains to make a farmer with his hand in his pocket which might work with a heavy amount of filing and repositioning. You know, I think Rob’s right on this one. I’m best finding something similar that I can convert. I’ll post some WIP’s when I manage to find one.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are some resin 1/35 figures of generic European farm workers and some of French resistance fighters.  Can't remember the brands. They might work.  MAiM do some post-apocalyptic zombie-hunter type figures wearing assorted civilian clothing. Weapons would be a bit modern but could be swapped.  Clothing might be too modern.

What about the Zvezda 1/35 Volkssturm?  There's at least 1 standing figure in that set with a rifle that might work.  If memory serves, both Presier and MiniArt do workman-type figures: some of those might be adaptable.