Hawker Typhoon Mk.1b

Brilliant work there Roger - love the toned down look and weathering looks spot on to me. I like the way you gloss coated the nose cone. If the tiffy I'm building comes out half and good as this, I'll be really happy. 

The Airfix version looks just as good from here. How did the two kits compare in the end - is the Academy kit worth a look? Certainly seems to be the case in your capable hands. 

Any chance of an underside shot? 

4 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

Two down three to go.... unless I buy more, which is entirely possible. 😄

I'm very much enjoying working on the Typhoon - I could build them for years and not get bored. She is such an interesting and good looking old girl. What scale are you going with next? Can't wait to see it. !

10 minutes ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

Brilliant work there Roger - love the toned down look and weathering looks spot on to me. I like the way you gloss coated the nose cone. If the tiffy I'm building comes out half and good as this, I'll be really happy. 

The Airfix version looks just as good from here. How did the two kits compare in the end - is the Academy kit worth a look? Certainly seems to be the case in your capable hands. 

Any chance of an underside shot? 

I'm very much enjoying working on the Typhoon - I could build them for years and not get bored. She is such an interesting and good looking old girl. What scale are you going with next? Can't wait to see it. !

Thanks very much, I'm sure yours will be just as good judging by the effort you've put into it so far.

No problem, I'll take some underside pics tomorrow. 👍

I'm feeling the same as you at the moment regarding the Tiffy, next up will be the Hasegawa 1/48 car door version. I have to wait till my birthday on 5th November, it's here somewhere but my wife's hidden it. 🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

No problem, I'll take some underside pics tomorrow. 👍

Great - thanks for that. 5th of November isn't too far off. I love that one of the side benefits of this hobby is that you become very easy to buy gifts for :). It's my birthday next week and my wife has an Eduard 1/72 FW190 hidden in the house somewhere:) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Courageous said:

:goodjob:

I think you should do a 'car door' type ...with the door open...in 1/72:wink:

Stuart

That actually crossed my mind Stuart. All I could find were the Bren Gun kits and from what I gather need a bit of work. However if anyone knows better I'd be willing to give one a try.

The first of my 1/48 Typhoons will be a car door.

2 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

All I could find were the Bren Gun kits and from what I gather need a bit of work.

I have built such said beestie a year or so ago, and yes, as a limited run kit, they do need a little bit of effort. I have built four 1/48 'Tiffies' , one being a 'car door' type but alas, I only have room for 1/72 nowadays.

Stuart

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Courageous said:

I have built such said beestie a year or so ago, and yes, as a limited run kit, they do need a little bit of effort. I have built four 1/48 'Tiffies' , one being a 'car door' type but alas, I only have room for 1/72 nowadays.

Stuart

I haven't really got room for 1/72 but I'm not letting it get in my way. 😆

• Like 1