Super, Super Etendard

TME3

Not sure yet exactly where this is going... just having fun with it.  Academy 1/72 Super Etendard, aftermarket Harrier FA.2 Blue Vixen radar, Hobbyboss Rafale tail, Revell F-16 parabrake, Revell Typhoon nozzle....

etnadard1.jpg

Edited by TME3
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

The interior of the Academy kit is sparse, and the color of the real cockpit is black. I added some generic detailing just for interest... the only thing that will draw any attention anyway will be the still TBD ejection seat...

etendard2.jpg

etendard3.jpg

Edited by TME3
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

Slow progress, but finally managed to squeak out a little work on this one... Got the tail attached, along with some card filler to start shaping and blending in the parabrake housing and the small ram air vent I'm putting on the front edge of the tail....

Etendard6.jpg

Etendard7.jpg

• Like 4

Working on a set of wings now.... These are re-worked Hasegawa F-18A wings... reduced the chord, removed the wingtip missile rails (for now anyway), removed and shortened the flaps, and sanded away the wingfold and flap hinges.  Also working to add just a bit more sweep to them....

etendard10.jpg

etendard9.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Andre...! This is only my second crack at a WHIF design, and I kind of made a set of rules for myself.  I can only use paints I've already opened, unused spare weapons, and only decals that are leftover or spare.  I dont have the colors you mentioned, Iraqi decals or an Exocet missile.  I'm leaning toward a multi-color camouflage,  and markings from a country that didn't operate the Etendard. (The Netherlands is a possibility by the way!) But thanks for your input.... it's helpful and motivating  to have the encouragement! 

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, pick a country and go for it! I’ve a whole back story for an independent Hanover and there’s plenty of points in history where things could’ve diverged ever so slightly and have very different results. Just try not to include politics in any discussions as it can cause trouble 🙄

OK... so I wasn't happy with the cockpit... and took a step backward.  I cut off the forward fuselage, gutted the cockpit with my Dremel tool, and dug through the spares box.  I found an old Airwaves instrument panel for a BAe Hawk, cockpit tub from an Academy T-50 ( which I separated from the rear tub, and modified to fit), a seat persuaded to fit from a Hasegawa F-104, and some strip detailing... Its ready for paint again now...

etendard12.jpg

etendard14.jpg

etendard13.jpg

• Like 4