1/12 Halcyon Power Loader and 1/12 Halcyon Alien Queen Diorama

Hi all, here is the final reveal for the 1/12 Halcyon Power Loader and 1/12 Halcyon Alien Queen Diorama. For the third and final segment I built the base from MDF (Medium density fibreboard) with some 2mm aluminium checker plate for RC trucks, which I added to the floor and another rotary light in red. I also used some Trumpeter decal trays for the grills and loading deck with some LED strip lights inside them. The Queens Vinyl legs are solid inside, but I have been warned by a fellow modeller that they can sag, so I drilled them out and added some cotton bud sticks coated in epoxy. This seems to have a made them now solid. The diorama also fits perfectly on my coffee table! Finally, you can see the work in progress of my build here.

FODZYJn.jpg
c7tEYIq.jpg
l8Z2m2Y.jpg
4WBVhmQ.jpg
Hm50lj9.jpg
uZw9vRZ.jpg
4eC1iKz.jpg
msV1jfz.jpg
94SpghT.jpg
3DXdg5l.jpg
q2j4pKW.jpg
BjyXzpG.jpg
CU0XLwf.jpg
wMkDhev.jpg
hFPqhsW.jpg
93CmiNx.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Legend has it that Queeny's legs were based on the pins of 1950's dancer Cyd Charisse. How true this is I don't know but I remember reading it many moons ago...

Very lovely work on the diorama, my friend. I have both kits sitting in my stash. With a lot of luck, I might actually build them this century....

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.

• 4 months later...