US Navy Pax River T-38 Test Pilot School

Fond of the T-38, shared the pattern with them during my flying in Pax River (almost had a mid-air with one as well).

This is the Wolfpack 1/48 kit OOB....well except for the dummy builder who broke the long pitot nose tube putting it on...that is a piece of metal tubing.  Milliput white seat belts.  Fun little kit and recommended.  I'm still frustrated with my canopy work, a problem area for me.  I messed up the front canopy a bit with the glue.  When you stand next to one of these you could eat off of them...the contractor maintenance at TPS did a great job keeping these birds looking good.  I decided not to weather this kit.

Cheers

Collin

DSCN8260.jpg

DSCN8263.jpg

DSCN8264.jpg

DSCN8265.jpg

DSCN8266.jpg

DSCN8269.jpg

DSCN8271.jpg

DSCN8274.jpg

DSCN8275.jpg

• Like 48
  • Thanks 1

Terrific Talon! Not my scale, but I always recognize outstanding modeling when I see it! I will be really sad when our Randolph AB T-38's are replaced by that butt-ugly contender I have seen in recent photos.

Mike

Colin that is beautiful - super finish. I too love the Talon - a sort of graceful and delicate beauty.

Could you tell me - does the model require weight added in the nose?

16 hours ago, Baldy said:

Colin that is beautiful - super finish. I too love the Talon - a sort of graceful and delicate beauty.

Could you tell me - does the model require weight added in the nose?

I added a few fishing weights to the nose...not a lot but didn't want to take any chances.

She builds real nice.

Cheers

Collin

On 10/23/2018 at 3:52 PM, Collin said:

I added a few fishing weights to the nose...not a lot but didn't want to take any chances.

She builds real nice.

Cheers

Collin

Thank you Collin. 

Hello Collin,

Excellent build. What a clean and lean machine. As for your canopy, try to use wood glue from the building market. No good, drop of water on it, take it off and try again. (As many times as you would like to repeat the exercise. 

You can use this system on many parts. (Wheels-bombs ect.ect.)

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.