Nationalist Chinese AF Kawasaki Ki 48 Lily

Brad

This is the  Hasegawa kit in 1/72. It's not a bad model, although I did have some issues fitting the engine nacelles that required a bit of filling and sanding, otherwise things went together well. Chinese markings come from the spares box with the fin flash being masked and painted. Surprisingly, the colour picture which my build is based on shows the aircraft in a reasonable condition, thus I chose not to highlight all the panel lines, just those around the engines as they appeared a bit grimey. I am lacking some white numbers on the tail, I couldn't find small enough decals in the spares.

mpCNxTy.jpg

1jGs9Qa.jpg

L1Q0w61.jpg

Axj0eWs.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

white numbers

I have some white numbers left over from a Corsair... 167 in 2mm and 9mm and 530 in 2mm and 6mm.  They are in a "stencil" font.  You're welcome to them if they're any use.

Edited by Uncle Pete
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Uncle Pete said:

I have some white numbers left over from a Corsair... 167 in 2mm and 9mm and 530 in 2mm and 6mm.  They are in a "stencil" font.  You're welcome to them if they're any use.

Thanks mate. Unfortunately the numbers aren't stencil format. I might have to dig through the stash kits too lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Hi Brad,

That's a nice Ki-48. May I ask what paint you used? I don't know anything about the Chinese colour schemes.

Regards,

David

Neither do I really, I just kinda picked some Japanese colours that looked similar to the colour picture. Lower surface is IJA Grey from Gunze and the upper is IJN Green Grey from Tamiya.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Neither do I really, I just kinda picked some Japanese colours that looked similar to the colour picture. Lower surface is IJA Grey from Gunze and the upper is IJN Green Grey from Tamiya.

OK, thanks. I know that the Hasegawa instructions use Gunze colour callouts, so that makes sense. 

Regards,

David

• Like 1