HobbyCraft F3H-3 Banshee 1/72

hsr

This is my 1/72 Hobbycraft F2H-3 Banshee. The F2H-3 was the all-weather fighter version of the F2H with a nose radar, increased size and fuel load, and horizontal stabilizer relocated to the fuselage from the rudder. I was pleasantly surprised by fit on this kit and while not a Hasegawa or Tamiya it was certainly better than Italeri. The only after marked part used was an Obsureco seat left over from my last build The kit came with decals for a all blue, anodized aluminum or gray over white finish. After much vacillating I went with the anodized aluminum. This is my first NMF in almost a year, so it is not as perfect as I would like, but still it came out nice. The quality of the decals was excellent, but since they tried to share as much between the different finished they were overly complicated. For example for the blue finish the red flashes get a while out line while for the others they get a black one. So all the red flashes came with separate outline that has to be overlaid with a separate outline. Still the worked well.

On to the pictures

K82qXYab_o.jpg

dkImqAgP_o.jpg

FmuPlL6X_o.jpg

p6LjbBvq_o.jpg

FVbhG5pe_o.jpg

nsAnOmcP_o.jpg

vWA1mNai_o.jpg

Here it is with my old Airfix F2H-2

kocpswuH_o.jpg

Next up is the Sword FJ-2 Fury. Enjoy.

• Like 18

48 minutes ago, F-32 said:

The Pensacola version is a F2H-4 (Bureau Number 126419) finished in light gull grey and white:

It's a better paint job then I could do :)

Thanks

4 hours ago, Morlock said:

Looks good, I have always been a fan of Hobbycraft kits.

While not perfect it was better then some of the more major kit makers