Hypersonic 1/48 Corrected Canberra Fighter Style Canopy

Scimitar F1

So pleased to hear this news that I think it deserves its own thread 

Hypersonic are releasing a resin canopy with the correct cross section for the Airfix Canberra B(I) 8 and PR9. It will be available at Telford. 

I can finally restart my 3 sqn build! 

Thank you Jeffrey! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Those pictures look even better than I was expecting. Only the PR9 had an opening canopy, The B(I)8 had the same shape but was entered by the usual door on the starboard side. I have waited a decade for this - it looks like I am not going to be disappointed!

Apparently corrected single seat Voodoo canopies are the next thing to be touched by Jeffrey's genius!

Will

• Like 1

Oh, so the B(I)8 canopy didn't open?? Had I known this I would have added this to the instruction sheet as you have to fill and eliminate the hinge detail then...and obviously leave off most of the inner detail parts as well.

Yeah right, the F-101 will follow suit in 2028. :)

I do think about a "correct" Canberra Bomber canopy, but again, not for a couple of years or so...

J

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2018 at 4:18 AM, JeffreyK said:

Oh, so the B(I)8 canopy didn't open?? Had I known this I would have added this to the instruction sheet as you have to fill and eliminate the hinge detail then...and obviously leave off most of the inner detail parts as well.

Yeah right, the F-101 will follow suit in 2028. :)

I do think about a "correct" Canberra Bomber canopy, but again, not for a couple of years or so...

J

Though it didn't open for entry/exit it was jettisonable for emergency use, personally I would leave the detail there as it was still a seperate item and the lines noticeable.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7353375

Great release Jeffrey, would love to see a bomber canopy aswel!

13 hours ago, 71chally said:

Though it didn't open for entry/exit it was jettisonable for emergency use, personally I would leave the detail there as it was still a seperate item and the lines noticeable.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7353375

Great release Jeffrey, would love to see a bomber canopy aswel!

Thank you! The set will certainly stay as is, it would be too late to change anything now anyway :)

Jeffrey

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Serious question:

Where best to buy from in Europe?

Thanks!

You can still buy directly from me in Japan, postage costs are very reasonable (but you may incur VAT charges upon import). Otherwise, use the48ers.com . Very good reputation vendor and my exclusive outlet in the EU.

Cheers,

J

• Thanks 1