Marder IIIM

Ian

And so after 48 years of building plastic models, I have finished my first German WWII armour - started many, first time finished. Please feel free to make any comment, criticism or ask any questions.

NqESYcQ.jpg

eUAs3aG.jpg

col24ok.jpg

JOcZ93F.jpg

hfDaXkr.jpg

OeVfCZL.jpg

XhPd1Nl.jpg

cy13wiF.jpg

72XprGE.jpg

Bar9dsa.jpg

Have a great weekend all.

Ian.

• Like 16

Well all the practicing on the unfinished ones has certainly paid off - you have perfected the art of building, painting and weathering German armour! Absolutely superb! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

So many things to like about your Marder, Ian.

The exhaust system is a masterpeice in its own right, but all of the weathering is spot on. The subtle camo pattern being faded in most places, but not on the top of the gun mantlet, or the side panels, is a nice realistic touch. I particularly like the one 'odd-coloured' wheel as well (assuming it to have been a replacement for a battle-damaged one)

I've said it before, but I never used to like the look of these types of vehicles, but since building a Nashorn and seeing other members build Marders, Wespes, etc, I am a serious convert. My only criticism would be not of you, Ian, but the lack figures included in these kits. The Nashorn figures would be okay, but they are wearing winter gear (as are the figures for the Semitrack with flakvierling)

If anyone knows of suitable figure kits for these SPGs, can you let me know?

Rearguards

Badder

• Thanks 1