paints for a new airbrush

andmarsh

I must admit I'm definitely a big fan of Mr Color, Tamiya LP and TS and all things lacquer based or Zero paints too. However, I've also tried most of the acrylic water based type paints and although I prefer the lacquer I haven't had any problems with spraying the water based type paints. I  fact they went on quite well, no drying in the tip or anything. I think it's all in the thinning, air pressure and technique and maybe the fact that I use a bigger 0.5mm tipped airbrush as well...

9 minutes ago, andmarsh said:

MWhat about revell paints through an airbrush? Any good?

I have to decide on paints for a mk 2 spitfire,  may be able to get by with tamiya,    not sure what I have in the way of RAF colours

Never used Revell paints myself. Many years ago, probably around the early 90's when I last built aircraft models I used to use Xtracolour paints from Hannants. Don't even know if they still make them? I also used quite a few Aeromaster paints, but I think they are long gone. I'm not really up on the current crop of aircraft paints, but I'm sure someone on here will be along soon and point you in the right direction..