Revell 99 replacement (acrylic brushable)

PhantomBigStu

Normally use Revell aqua 99 as my go to silver paint, however supplies of Revell are dying up due to problems with the local rep, I need to find a replacement, tried Humbrol 56 and Vallejo natural steel (way darker even than Revell 91) and found it sucks, so what can everyone recommend, needs to be brushable and acrylic. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Although they are meant for use with airbrushes, with some care the Vallejo Air line of metallics can also be brushed. They have a number of different shades, Aluminum, Silver, Chrome and Steel. I generally use with an airbrush for large surfaces but had to use them with a brush a few times and never had too many problems, just apply light coats. IMHO they are fantastic paints, and the presence of different shades allows the modeller to add variety to the various panels on a natural metal aircraft

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

Ebay?

Well yes but more embarrassing, not like all good online shops don’t stock Revell paints..... thanks for the Vallejo air shout, Giorgio, though I’ve now seen the is a silver in the color range that I missed when browsing last week so might give that a try first