Any 1/72 decals for a 112 Sqdn sharkmouth Hunter?

David Womby

33 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

To the best of my knowledge there's not been any. I have a plan to make myself a set of masks and decals for one such aircraft but I've not started to work on it yet, in part because I don't have any F.4 conversion

Thanks, Giorgio.  Strange that nobody makes them.  I'm sure they would sell well.   

David

Good to see the Freightdog conversion in use ! I should get one of those myself now that the Revell Hunter is back on the shelves.

Have to say though that it's hard to tell if this will spark any new decal sheet for the F-4s, unless the same Freightdog decide to make one. Years ago there was a conversion marketed by Scale Aircraft Modelling, the magazine. They also issued a decal sheet to be used with their conversion that had a nice selection of Hunters of different early variants. For some reason though they did not include a 112 Sqn. machine.

• Like 1

I'd have thought this a natural subject for an early MD sheet, conversion requirement notwithstanding - MD decals often required modifications and the instructions nicely detailed them. Back in the days, there even was the Frog/Novo Hunter 1, which could have been made donoar of a small-bore tailpipe.