Grumman Hellcat F6F-F Eduard.

stevej60

Hi Folk's,bit of a let down with the decal's very thin and just not happy with the one's I managed to put on so off they came and a quick look on King Kit's

website led me to Xtradecal's Yank's with roundel's set for a FAA machine in the same finish so I'll plod along with other job's till they arrive,the bonus is

I get a set of Corsair and Avenger marking's for the future.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 3

Sorry to hear about your decal troubles Steve but if it's pushed you towards doing a Fleet Air Arm bird I'm going to say all's well that ends well ;) 

4 hours ago, Col. said:

Sorry to hear about your decal troubles Steve but if it's pushed you towards doing a Fleet Air Arm bird I'm going to say all's well that ends well ;) 

Cheer's Col,I'm Happy enough as it's an interesting scheme and I now have decal's for a BPF Corsair!

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Cheer's Col,I'm Happy enough asit's aninteresting scheme and I now have decal's fora BPF Corsair!

Having decals for a BPF Corsair is never a bad thing in my personal opinion :D 

• Like 1

Hi Folk's, little more progress,wheel's on and painted put a light wash into the panel's which has had the excess removed but I'll give it another

clean up before the satin  coat is applied,canopy painted with a detailing brush need's a clean up with a cocktail stick before fixing in place

44850000495_0bd94a8b03_b.jpg

• Like 5

Morning folk's,the change of scheme meant out came the masking tape for the white ID marking's this aircraft carried,need to tone and weather them in

a little then get those decal's on.

45069585504_9f5f78d5ea_b.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Steve,

Just looking at other Hellcats and came across this one. I'm doing the came scheme on one of mine and if it comes out half as good I'll be happy.

This is looking wonderful. That light wash really makes it 'pop'!! :clap:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Steve,

Just looking at other Hellcats and came across this one. I'm doing the came scheme on one of mine and if it comes out half as good I'll be happy.

This is looking wonderful. That light wash really makes it 'pop'!! :clap:

Great stuff Nigel! Which kit and what scale are you using? If past build's are anything to go on the satin coat will just take the edge off the panel wash

and blend it in,,I'm using satin as these were painted gloss in service hoping it will look more to scale

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Great stuff Nigel! Which kit and what scale are you using? If past build's are anything to go on the satin coat will just take the edge off the panel wash

and blend it in,,I'm using satin as these were painted gloss in service hoping it will look more to scale

Looks good as it is :smile:

Mine are 1:72 but wishing I'd opted for something larger after seeing yours!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

Looks smart, Smashing finish steve, what make of wash did you use? 

Hi Glynn,drop of Tamiya light gray,two drop's of Fairy liquid(other brand's are available) watered down to the consistancy of choice,the thinner the mix

the better it run's into the panel lines too thin and best to run a second wash when dried that's how I do all my washes.Don't forget any matt or satin finishing

coat will darken whatever shade you choose,any excess take off with a just moist kitchen roll going across the panel line, the washing up liquid in the mix makes it

possible to remove when moistened.

• Like 2