Tamiya 1/48 F4F-4 Wildcat.////Finished//////////

stevej60

Morning folk's marking out a spot for this build,usual Tamiya fare so no issues expected of this beautiful little kit planning a three tone  scheme of VF-22

aboard the USS Independence.

44467322675_3d00b6fe27_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 7

Hi steve, craig and me were only commenting recently how these old tamiya kits are still top kits and great value, look forward to another great  job

Glynn 

Edited by Hewy

10 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Hi Steve

Welcome again to this Gb and enjoy your build

Cheers

Patrice

Thank's Patrice.

5 hours ago, Hewy said:

Hi steve, craig and me were only commenting recently how these old tamiya kits are still top kits and great value, look forward to another great  job

Glynn 

Just building their Spitfire and 109 Glynn my LMS has a permanent 20% off Tamiya so great value.

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

I've looked at this kit in the past so I will be interested to see it being built. 

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stix been many year's since I last built this kit.

55 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Great choice Steve.

Can't beat a Wildcat. I did the Hobby Boss one earlier so I'm interested to  see how this one goes together.

I was tempted with their yellow winged early Wildcat Craig,still might make it number three  if time permit's

• Like 3

Morning all,a start made on the Wildcat,basic cockpit part's cut off and cleaned up.

45491233711_89a6174443_b.jpg

And assembled ready for painting interior green.

44577365985_d225b8ec27_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 10

Morning folk's,cockpit looking busy enough for me aftr detailing and dry brushing,masking tape harness too.

43698492930_c538e2f6aa_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, MarkSH said:

Looking good Steve, and it looks like yet another nice Tamiya kit.

Thank's Mark,it's a good age I think getting on for a couple of decade's but as usual for Tamiya they never seem to age or the mold's deteriorate.

• Like 2

Hi folk's.quick update of the Wildcat build,wing's assembled as is the fuselage,need to detail paint the wheel well and U/C leg's before fitting

the fuselage to the wing's.

30655887637_c2c2e4f131_b.jpg

• Like 9

I built one of these as a Martlet II - One of the great things about this kit is that you can fit the undercarriage after the wings are on.  In fact I fitted mine as one of the last tasks I did After painting and decalling...

• Like 1

Hi folk's same script as the Hellcat this one needed no filler at all good old Tamiya!

really brought out the detailing.

31759837198_8297314c98_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 6

Hi folk's,same as the Hellcat putting on the back burner for a while so last update for now,sprayed the white undersides but thin coat's leaving the primer

to just show through to break up the panel's,for some reason the instructions tell you to add Deck tan (10%) but not sure these aircraft were beige underneath.

some lovely rivet detail should look good with a wash.

30706516407_36f9f6f1ea_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 5

Morning all as with the Hellcat leaving aside only lasted a couple of day's I've gota new airbrush as the old basic Revell one packed in 

and I'm getting to Know what it's capable of with each build it's giving me option's the old one never could such as post shading which

I think really work's on this scheme.

44954755754_e561673fd0_b.jpg

• Like 8

Great paintwork and decaling Steve! That looks excellent. Looking at your Wildcat is making me want to get on with mine! Only another week or so! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Great paintwork and decaling Steve! That looks excellent. Looking at your Wildcat is making me want to get on with mine! Only another week or so! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Be worth the wait Stix,great little kit it is too.

2 hours ago, gingerbob said:

Strictly personal opinion based on one photo, but I think the post-shading seems a bit "stripey".  Be that as it may, I also think it is looking very attractive, and not far from being pronounced done!

Thank's Bob,still a bit  of weathering to do which hopefully blend everything in nicely strange the gloss coat has given this one that striped and patchy

look but on the Hellcat the lighter shading was lost  under it!

• Like 1

Splendid job steve, a flat coat will turn it into a stunner I'm sure, craig and me were singing the praises of these old tamiya kits, cheap and quality, great kits for the money,  this has turned out really well.

Glynn 

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

Splendid job steve, a flat coat will turn it into a stunner I'm sure, craig and me were singing the praises of these old tamiya kits, cheap and quality, great kits for the money,  this has turned out really well.

Glynn 

Thank's Glynn,yes they are a great series of kit's pity Tamiya didn't do a larger range when the original's were coming out my LMS has a 20% discount

on Tamiya ongoing so I'm building the Spitfire and 109 at the moment and picked up one of the Corsair boxing's yesterday at £14:99 they are great value.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Looks great Steve.

Your new airbrush seems to be paying dividends.

A Corsair for £14.99? An excellent price for an excellent kit.

Thank's Craig,yes it too tempting with his 20% off Tamiya I've got this build, Spitfire,109,Corsair all to do or ongoing He has the Beaufighter's in

at just under £23 and it's very tempting!

• Like 2