Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

54 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Congrats @Wez ... looking forward to this one.

Thanks Dennis, I'm very pleased to get this one through the gate.

Anyone else want to join in with this one for 2020? 

Plenty of interesting subjects - planes, ships, trucks, cars, motorbikes, tanks...   ...should be something for just about everyone in this GB.

@Enzo Matrix has even threatened to make the 1/72nd Yak-3 moulded in lurid, bright blue plastic for this GB!

32 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That's not a threat.  It's a promise. 

I'll add you to the list of names shall I?

• Haha 1

On 27/12/2018 at 21:27, exdraken said:

I'd be in.... have a lot of Mirage style plastic waiting around....

Werner,

Thank you for signing up, your name has been added to the list.

Having seen what you've achieved with your Rafale, I'm looking forward to what can be done with a Mirage.

Any more out there???

Edited by Wez

This arrived today, it's the KP boxing of the Heller kit which was originally released as an AAC.1 Toucan around about 1980.

KP Ju-52 - ex-Heller

The moulding is exquisite, Heller were at the top of their game when they made this, I'll be making this as an AAC.1 using Berna Decals 72098 when the time comes!

This kit is eligible for this GB as it's an original Heller mould, so too would similar kits in other manufacturer's boxes (SMER, Airfix, Revell, Encore to name a few).

If you've got something like this in your stash come and join us for the Heller GB in 2020, that's only next year you know!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The Heller Ju-52 kit really is a lovely one to build and behold. Beautiful fine representation of the corrugated surfaces. I had no idea that KP had re-released it. Good choice 👍 

You successfully grabbed my attention Wez, I hope to be firing on a few more cylinders in 2020, so please count me in!

I have lots of vintage Heller kits in the stash; I will try to save something a little unusual for this GB, perhaps the Couzinet Arc-en- Ciel 🇫🇷 . If I’m not feeling quite so ambitious, then perhaps one of the nice Heller Dewoitine 500/501´s or a 510.

Best regards 

TonyT

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

The Heller Ju-52 kit really is a lovely one to build and behold. Beautiful fine representation of the corrugated surfaces. I had no idea that KP had re-released it. Good choice 👍 

You successfully grabbed my attention Wez, I hope to be firing on a few more cylinders in 2020, so please count me in!

I have lots of vintage Heller kits in the stash; I will try to save something a little unusual for this GB, perhaps the Couzinet Arc-en- Ciel 🇫🇷 . If I’m not feeling quite so ambitious, then perhaps one of the nice Heller Dewoitine 500/501´s or a 510.

Best regards 

TonyT

Tony,

Thanks for signing up and it's good to have you back.

As for the KP edition of the kit, this has only just been released and there's another boxing coming along too!

Any more takers for this GB?

Wez

Edited by Wez
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I'm in!

Dewoitine D500...

Good man with an excellent choice of subject!  Thanks for signing up.

The Heller D.500/501/510 are lovely kits except for one thing - the sackcloth effect used to represent the fabric surfaces.  LF Models do some nice decals for these.

Anyone else interested in signing up?

1 hour ago, Threadbear said:

Would be up for this GB in 2020! Seems such a long way off!

Grahame,

Welcome and thank you for signing up.

I find the older I get the quicker the time passes, 2020 will be here sooner than you think.

Any more takers for this GB?  Plenty to choose from in the range, it doesn't matter whose box it's in, if it's originally a Heller mould its in, if it's somebody else's mould in a Heller box it isn't.

On 19/01/2019 at 15:16, TonyTiger66 said:

I have lots of vintage Heller kits in the stash; I will try to save something a little unusual for this GB, perhaps the Couzinet Arc-en- Cie🇫🇷 . If I’m not feeling quite so ambitious, then perhaps one of the nice Heller Dewoitine 500/501´s or a 510.

Best regards 

TonyT

Lovely choice Tony

Just such a shame that someone sliced the tail off the blue prints before they built it 

IMG_4256

Seriously, this is a superb looking aircraft and would be a brilliant addition to this GB.

Great to hear from you mate !

cheers Pat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Was looking through the all the original box arts for Heller kits and I built so many of them back in the day. Hellcat, P-47N Thunderbolt, F-4U Corsair, Hurricane IIC, Bf109K-4, Spitfire XVI, the list goes on. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Threadbear said:

Was looking through the all the original box arts for Heller kits and I built so many of them back in the day. Hellcat, P-47N Thunderbolt, F-4U Corsair, Hurricane IIC, Bf109K-4, Spitfire XVI, the list goes on. 

Although I started on the usual suspects from Airfix, Matchbox, Revell and Frog, it was on the classic black box Heller kits I cut my teeth, I felt the detail on many of their kits surpassed others I could reasonably get a hold of and I recall making all of those you listed way back when.

The Corsair, Hellcat and P-47N were from an earlier vintage than the Hurricane, Bf-109K-4 and Spitfire XIV, their Sabre was easily my favourite kit from that time.

Any more takers for this nostalgic trip down memory lane?

• Like 1

I'm pleased to announce that following negotiations with the High Overlord of Group Builds (otherwise known as Enzo Matrix), we have confirmed dates for this GB.

This group build will run from 3 Oct 2020 to 24 Jan 2021.

Plenty of time to choose your subjects, plenty of time for me to sort out the rules, plenty of time for plenty more people to sign up!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Wez said:

I'm pleased to announce that following negotiations with the High Overlord of Group Builds (otherwise known as Enzo Matrix), we have confirmed dates for this GB.

This group build will run from 3 Oct 2020 to 24 Jan 2021.

Plenty of time to choose your subjects, plenty of time for me to sort out the rules, plenty of time for plenty more people to sign up!

Congratulations Wez, well done mate

:partytime:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Just now, JOCKNEY said:

Congratulations Wez, well done mate

:partytime:

Cheers Pat

Many thanks Pat, in fact thanks to all of you that have signed up so far.

• Like 1

This one was in yesterday's mail.

Yellow plastic, yes, but a huge decal sheet, with Sécurité Civile, Spanish and Greek options!

Could be my champion for this GB, or a CL-415 that'll certainly get in the meantime.

Or a DC-6???

All with Syhart decals, of course.

canada10.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/5/2019 at 4:35 PM, Wez said:

This arrived today, it's the KP boxing of the Heller kit which was originally released as an AAC.1 Toucan around about 1980.

The moulding is exquisite, Heller were at the top of their game when they made this, I'll be making this as an AAC.1 using Berna Decals 72098 when the time comes!

Mate, Heller's AAC.1 has just made his comeback...

16€ at Oups...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Antoine said:

This one was in yesterday's mail.

Yellow plastic, yes, but a huge decal sheet, with Sécurité Civile, Spanish and Greek options!

Could be my champion for this GB, or a CL-415 that'll certainly get in the meantime.

Or a DC-6???

All with Syhart decals, of course.

Yes it's a classic from Heller and I got to see a few of these with those big old, bad old, radial engines when I was in Canada many years ago, I would love to see either one of these or the CL-415 in the GB as is the DC-6 for that matter.

All or any would be welcome.

1 minute ago, Antoine said:

Mate, Heller's AAC.1 has just made his comeback...

16€ at Oups...

Thanks for that tip, I shall have to get me one of these.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:16 PM, TonyTiger66 said:

I will try to save something a little unusual for this GB, perhaps the Couzinet Arc-en- Ciel 🇫🇷 .

My all-time favourite plane :wub:

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 8:17 AM, Wez said:

the older I get the quicker the time passes

Ah yes...shades of the summer holidays when the days seemed to last forever.

I have been going through the Scalemates database, searching under 'Heller'...Wow!  The list is vast.  I might have to do something radical, like a tugboat.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Ah yes...shades of the summer holidays when the days seemed to last forever.

I have been going through the Scalemates database, searching under 'Heller'...Wow!  The list is vast.  I might have to do something radical, like a tugboat.  

That would be fabulous as long as its an original Heller mould it would be more than welcome.

Anyone else want to join?