Heller Classic GB Chat

Wez

56 minutes ago, Wez said:

Welcome Greg, thanks for signing up.

I'm certain you'll find something to your liking.

Thanks Wez,

A good excuse for me to "explore" the Heller range. 

Cheers Greg 

Count me in. Heller has been reissuing classic kits from their Musée range with excellent quality decals (nice and glossy instead of the old out-of-register flat stuff) with multiple new marking options in addition to the originals. https://www.heller.fr/en/military-airplanes/520-bloch-152c1-3279510802115.html?search_query=bloch&results=3

Also, here's the obligatory shot of my small(ish) Heller collection:

IMG-1855.jpg

Edited by noelvt
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, noelvt said:

Count me in. Heller has been reissuing classic kits from their Musée range with excellent quality decals (nice and glossy instead of the old out-of-register flat stuff) with multiple new marking options in addition to the originals. https://www.heller.fr/en/military-airplanes/520-bloch-152c1-3279510802115.html?search_query=bloch&results=3

That's great to hear. I have not come across these new reissues as yet, however if you say that they're as good as that I'll be keen to add a few more Heller kits before this GB rolls in.

I'd love to see some images of these new decals.

Cheers.. Dave

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That's great to hear. I have not come across these new reissues as yet, however if you say that they're as good as that I'll be keen to add a few more Heller kits before this GB rolls in.

I'd love to see some images of these new decals.

Cheers.. Dave

Dave,

Here's a shot of the decals and markings for Heller's 1/72 MS.406. These are the two new schemes, in addition to the original markings from the classic kit. They have been developed in cooperation with Ailes Françaises. The Breguet 693, Bloch MB.152, Potez 63-11, and LéO 451 have similarly expanded decal options. The Amiot 143, Potez 540, Dewoitine D.520, and Curtiss H.75 should be re-released shortly with the same setup.  Heller have done something similar to this in the past with their recent reissue of the 1/72 Eténdard IVM, where the decals options were developed with FFSMC Productions. As you can see, the decals are beautifully printed and in perfect register. This has been the case with most of Heller's recently produced kits, so it appears that have changed decal printers. I wanted to point this out since it looks like Heller is actually trying to up their game a bit, albeit with the same old tool kits.  

fullsizeoutput-41a4.jpg

fullsizeoutput-41a2.jpg

fullsizeoutput-41a4.jpg

🍻

-Vince

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Vince, that’s lovely stuff. That certainly makes these old kits a lot more attractive. I can work with old kits, but not old decals. These look too good to resist. 

Cheers.. Dave

9 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Thanks Vince, that’s lovely stuff. That certainly makes these old kits a lot more attractive. I can work with old kits, but not old decals. These look too good to resist. 

Cheers.. Dave

At €11,66 (sans VAT) the kit is almost worth it for the decals alone - roundels and tail stripes for days!

-Vince

5 hours ago, Col. said:

Go on then. Can think of four different Heller kits in the stash so far therefore I'm suitably equiped :) 

Col, you're in!

5 hours ago, noelvt said:

Count me in.

Vince, you're added to the list too!

Thank you both for signing up.

Anyone else want to join?

Edited by Wez
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wez said:

Col, you're in!

Vince, you're added to the list too!

Thank you both for signing up.

Cheers Wez. The count went up to six last night by the way; amazing what you find while tidying up a bit :lol: 

Mid-week bump!

Any Heller mould, be it in a Heller, Smer, Encore, Airfix, Buzco (it's a thing, honest), or apparently Starfix released box, is welcome, come and join us!

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jabba said:

I have a few that I can make one from.

Good man Jabba!  Thanks for signing up.

Come one, come all, show us your Heller kits, come and join us in 2020 for the Heller classic kits build.

Week end push!

Heller made some classic kits back in the day and many of them are around today in other guises, (SMER, Encore, Airfix etc), as well has Heller boxings, the only stipulation is that it has to be an original Heller mould, so an Airfix kit in a Heller box would count I'm afraid :fraidnot:

So if you have something that fits the bill in the stash, come and join us for the Heller Classic Kits group build for 2020.

Now the dust has settled on next year's GB's, it's time to push this one for the year after as the classic manufacturer build for 2020.

It's open to any original Heller mould so that means a Heller kit in someone else's box is allowable but somebody else's mould in a Heller box isn't (e.g. an Airfix kit).

As this is intended to be a classic build, I propose that the cut-off is any mould produced before the Humbrol years.  Otherwise any subject, any scale is allowed.

I'm sure there's more of you out there with Heller kits in your stash, this GB would be a good excuse to make them!

Come and join us.

Just now, Jabba said:

Looking at what you have written Wez would my AWACS or Boeing 707 converted to a J-STARS be allowed?

Jabba,

Having read the rules of the Airfix GB which are roughly in line with how I'd like to run this GB, I'm going to say...   ...YES!

Weekly, weekend push for this one!

Heller made some classic kits back in the day and many of them are around today in other guises, (SMER, Encore, Airfix, Buzco and even Starfix amongst others), as well has Heller's own boxings, the only stipulation is that it has to be an original Heller mould, so an Airfix kit in a Heller box would count

As this is intended to be a classic build, I propose that the cut-off is any mould produced before the Humbrol years.  Otherwise any subject, any scale is allowed.

I'm sure there's many more of you out there other than the 21 of us that have already signed up with Heller kits in your stash, this GB would be a good excuse to make them!

Come and join us.

9 hours ago, rafalbert said:

I am amazed I haven't already signed up for this; count me in, I have a few.

Dave

I'm amazed you haven't too!  To be honest I was hoping people would be prepared to crawl over broken glass in their enthusiasm to join this one!

You're on the list.

Anyone else want to join?  Crawling over broken glass to do so is not compulsory.

Hi Wez

I said i would not do any more GB,s as i had such a bad record of not finishing many, but as quite a lot of my stash is Heller i could give it a go.

Please add me to the list.

I do have some Heller i started for other GB,s that are under 25% started so might finish one of them.

Paul

2 hours ago, PaulT 876 said:

Hi Wez

I said i would not do any more GB,s as i had such a bad record of not finishing many, but as quite a lot of my stash is Heller i could give it a go.

Please add me to the list.

I do have some Heller i started for other GB,s that are under 25% started so might finish one of them.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for signing up.

I too have a poor completion rate with GBs - it doesn't stop me trying though!

Any more want to sign up?

Seeing as some of Heller's Musée edition French early WW.II bombers have turned up in Hannants new arrivals section I've decided to give this one a weekend bump!

This GB will be open to any original Heller mould released by Heller before the Hornby years, regardless of whose box it appears in, any kit, any scale, any subject matter, including re-releases, it just has to be a Heller original mould.

Ok count me in with this. 

SXy7qbK.jpg

Still researching schemes and the differences between the B’s & C/D’s. Ive found some schemes that im really wanting to do. Namely the early 4 color scheme of RLM61/62/63 over RLM65. Thats my favorite option currently. However there are a few examples in the early war colors of RLM70/71 over RLM65. Ive even found a few listed in training schools as late as mid 1940 in the RLM71/02 over RLM65. Just trying to determine which way i will go ? 

Dennis

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ok count me in with this. 

SXy7qbK.jpg

Still researching schemes and the differences between the B’s & C/D’s. Ive found some schemes that im really wanting to do. Namely the early 4 color scheme of RLM61/62/63 over RLM65. Thats my favorite option currently. However there are a few examples in the early war colors of RLM70/71 over RLM65. Ive even found a few listed in training schools as late as mid 1940 in the RLM71/02 over RLM65. Just trying to determine which way i will go ? 

Dennis

Good choice Dennis and thank you for signing up!

I've got a Blue Rider decal sheet covering the Condor Legion and I have a couple of these...   ...very tempting, very tempting indeed!

Anyone else want to play?

• Like 1